Tour Guides: Marseille, Villefranche, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples

My suggestion would be to go to some of the recommended websites of the guides you have read about here. Their prices depend on how many people are in your group. We originally booked 3 days for the 2 of us. After we booked, I posted the information on our meet and mingle thread and in no time, one had 6 which was the maximum and the other 2 had 8 people. At the last minute we added 2 additional people from the message boards and Daniele's company accommodated that change easily and adjusted the price.

We used

http://www.driverinrome.com for Livorno and Rome and

http://www.seesorrento.com for Naples.

Both I would highly recommend, but we did check out other recommended websites before I made our choice and all were very good about answering questions via e-mail.

Donna

Donna,

I would love to know what itinerary you used out of Monte Carlo with Dream Tours. We don't go until May, but I'm trying to arrange our tours now. Was the driver flexable or did you need to set up the tour in advance. Do they require a deposit. Thanks for any information.

Joan

Joan:

I will be in Monte Carlo in early Oct and am deciding on tours. I think I would rather do my own than off my ship..Right?? What did you do in Monte Carlo?

jennifoof :)

I totally agree with glendamcd in regards to booking with Sylvie. She may be a fantastic guide but leaving people who booked with her stranded is not a good way of doing business. She should have notified her clients of her partners illness and assist them in finding another tour. Plus, after a few emails with her (we also were ready to book) she said we would be charged for the rental car even if the ship didn't come in. Needless to say we booked with someone else. I'm sure we will have a great time.
Who did you book with in Monte Carlo?? We will be in Marseille and Monte Carlo and would be interested to know who you used and how you liked them. Rates and info if you wouldn't mind. This is our first cruise!!!

Thanks for your information.

jennifoof :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Lois!

I didn't realize that the 7th of May is your birthday! Looks like a great Sailaway party is in store!

We had a wonderful tour here in 2002. We saw so much I simply can't believe it. From Monte Carlo to Eze and all the stops inbetween. We were booked with Sylvie who we'd go with again in a New York minute. However last year, we just took the bus (there is a train too) to Nice and walked around to visit the places we had wanted to go back to. This year we don't have any plans yet, but probably will go on our own again because it was very easy and we have more confidence now.

Anymore info I can help you with - send me an email. Brahmama@yahoo.com

Carol

Archived