viking river cruise-china sept. 25,2007

shoelady

Hope I Am Posting Correctly. Wow,this Is A Challenge. Is Anyone On This Cruise Leaving From Beijing On Sept 25 To Shangaii???? We Are Also Taking An Extension To Guillin And Hong Kong. I Am Interested In The Weight Limit Of Luggage. I Heard That It Is Very Small On The Inter China Flights And That A Carryon Should Be Only 11 Pounds. Would Love To Hear From Anyone Who Has Been Or Who Is Going On This Cruise. I Am A Shopper And Have Been To Hong Kong And Se Asia Before. Will We Have Anytime To Shop? I Would Like To Purchase A Rug,etc. To Ship Also If That Is Possible. But The Luggage Weight Is My Big Question.

Hope I Am Posting Correctly. Wow,this Is A Challenge. Is Anyone On This Cruise Leaving From Beijing On Sept 25 To Shangaii???? We Are Also Taking An Extension To Guillin And Hong Kong. I Am Interested In The Weight Limit Of Luggage. I Heard That It Is Very Small On The Inter China Flights And That A Carryon Should Be Only 11 Pounds. Would Love To Hear From Anyone Who Has Been Or Who Is Going On This Cruise. I Am A Shopper And Have Been To Hong Kong And Se Asia Before. Will We Have Anytime To Shop? I Would Like To Purchase A Rug,etc. To Ship Also If That Is Possible. But The Luggage Weight Is My Big Question.

Shoelady - Each of your questions and more have been discussed on the Viking China thread which is under 'Other Cruise Lines'. Click this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=252201

You don't mention which cruise line you are using but I think you will find the inter-China flights to be better than we experience here in the US. New airports and planes. More seating room. Many on our 21 day cruise tour (same itinerary as yours) bought extra carry-ons and had no problem. They do enforce weight restrictions on your checked luggage when leaving Hong Kong, but you can check two bags per person. We bargained and bought lots of things, then shipped a large package back to the US from Shanghai.

A silk rug? You will probably find the best selection at the 'silk factory' in Beijing. It is on the Viking tour, includes a lunch plus time to shop.

Use the search function for specific questions once you get to the Viking China thread to get lots of answers. There are others posting there who are going in September.

WIT

Archived