Anyone been on reef snorkel & stingray adventure excursion?

murphyis1

I'm trying to get an idea of how many people could possibly be on this excursion. We don't like huge groups of people snorkeling the same area at the same time, but HAL shore excursions can't tell me the max number of participants allowed. If you've done this excursion, can you please share your experience? Thank you!

I'm trying to get an idea of how many people could possibly be on this excursion. We don't like huge groups of people snorkeling the same area at the same time, but HAL shore excursions can't tell me the max number of participants allowed. If you've done this excursion, can you please share your experience? Thank you!

I wanna know too :D

I just returned from Grand Turk on the Crown Princess (6/16-6/26/2007). My group of 4 did the Stingray Swim. The other 3 swam with the stingrays in Caymans and just went with me because I never had. STINGRAY is the key word here. There was only one stingray. The tour guide said there were about 20 until about a couple of weeks ago when they stopped coming in. Granted it was a big stingray, I was told one of the biggest they had seen. I did get to hold the stingray and kiss it, but it wasn't exactly what I expected. I was told the probable reason for such few was they fed them a few fish in Grand Turk, in Caymans they feed them lots of squid. It was a new experience but I was told to wait for the Caymans for this excursion. The group was about 30-40. There was another boat behind us about the same size.

My son and I went on this excellent excursion on July 2 from the Crown Princess. The snorkeling stop was good, not the best I've ever done, but in clear, warm water with lots to look at. There were probably 30 people in the water but the reef was large and it was easy to swim off by yourself. The highlight of the excursion, however, was the 30-40 minutes we spent at Gibb's Cay playing with the Stingrays. The water was gorgeous, about 3 feet deep, and there were MANY Stingrays that day. The crew members showed us how to feed, hold and even kiss these beautiful creatures who seem to enjoy and seek out human interaction. The crew was friendly and professional, well worth the 59.00 we paid.

Archived