Able to change person on NCL reservation

lawgator

I thought I would post this information in case it is useful for anyone else. Unfortunately, my dear Aussie is unexpectedly declining with a recently diagnosed brain tumor. I've made a last minute decision to forego my cruise on the Jewel (Barcelona roundtrip) this Sunday which we booked 14 months ago and I will stay home in Florida. Too bad the trip insurance I purchased doesn't cover pet illness. However, my roommate who is the second person is still going and will be meeting up with several family members in Europe in different ports. I contacted NCL and found out that I could remove my name and give them the name of another family member (who lives in Europe, so no problem getting to the cruise). We were able to do the edocs online and see the reservation immediately. I was surprised that NCL didn't charge me a fee for the change, either. It was absolutely no hassle. The agent said this was possible last minute only because edocs were used, so despite all the complaints I've read about the edocs, there was definitely an advantage to using them in this case. I just rebooked my Delta frequent flyer miles that I was flying to Barcelona on for $50. and was grateful I was able to do that. At least I was able to make the best of a bad situation here. There will be other cruises in the future, but I only have this one dog.

Thank you for sharing your experience with E-docs.I for one think they're great and don't mind printing my own documents or luggage tags.It's pretty much the way the business world operates now and we all must get used to it.

I'm very sorry you had to cancel your plans to tend to your sick pet but I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy much of the trip with that on your mind.Pets are an important part of many families and you won't be sorry you took such good care of a loyal friend to the end.

Best wishes and thoughts are with you and your dog.

• Administrators
I thought I would post this information in case it is useful for anyone else. Unfortunately, my dear Aussie is unexpectedly declining with a recently diagnosed brain tumor. I've made a last minute decision to forego my cruise on the Jewel (Barcelona roundtrip) this Sunday which we booked 14 months ago and I will stay home in Florida. Too bad the trip insurance I purchased doesn't cover pet illness. However, my roommate who is the second person is still going and will be meeting up with several family members in Europe in different ports. I contacted NCL and found out that I could remove my name and give them the name of another family member (who lives in Europe, so no problem getting to the cruise). We were able to do the edocs online and see the reservation immediately. I was surprised that NCL didn't charge me a fee for the change, either. It was absolutely no hassle. The agent said this was possible last minute only because edocs were used, so despite all the complaints I've read about the edocs, there was definitely an advantage to using them in this case. I just rebooked my Delta frequent flyer miles that I was flying to Barcelona on for $50. and was grateful I was able to do that. At least I was able to make the best of a bad situation here. There will be other cruises in the future, but I only have this one dog.

Thank you for taking the time to share valuable information with other cruisers in the midst of grief I know only too well. My heart goes out to you -- I have "been there, done that" 11 times in my life -- our dogs are so much a part of us, and family members. Even though intellectually we recognize that their life spans compared to ours make these times inevitable, it is still so raw and hurtful emotionally. Perhaps it will help you, perhaps it won't, depending on your personal beliefs, but I have found Rainbow Bridge to be very helpful in such times -- http://www.rainbowbridge.com/ Your Aussie is beautiful; savor every second of getting to snuggle, pet, touch and hold her/him during these days, and let yourself smile at the mind-movies of the puppy days, and the "trash can incident" (every dog owner has one!). They are why we humans share our lives with our dogs.

I'm sorry to here about your dog. Enjoy the time that you have with them. My sister and brother-in-law canceled plans for a 10th anniversary trip when their dog injured her leg and needed surgery this year. The money they would have spent on the trip covered the surgery They didn't have to think twice about doing it. Thank you for sharing the info about the Edocs.

Pat

That is great info thank you for sharing, so sorry to hear about your dog :( one of my dogs has mass tumors not fun but everyday is a blessing . I may have to cancel my sister's trip she has stage 4 cancer and asked me last night if we can change the name incase she doesnt feel up to it. Perfect timing for this post thanks so much!

I am saddened to hear of your pet's illness...how lucky he or she is to have YOU as their owner.

You summed it up perfectly, there will be other cruises. Your pup is the priority right now.

Thank you too for posting information that will most assuredly help some of your fellow posters here.

Ciao,

W A W W

It is great to know that both NCL and Delta were able to work with you - thanks for sharing the information.

You already know you made the absolute correct decision - it's wonderful that you will be able to celebrate your pup's life by sharing this cherished time together.

Good luck.

Pam

Archived