Two More Questions...Then That's It!

peteranddan

Hello Again

Everyone has been soooo helpfull and I really appreciate it. If half of the folks are as friendly on board as they are here, we're going to love Celebrity.

I have two more questions please.

1. We have always had a table for two and are wondering how you deal with ordering bottles of wine with larger tables. Do you offer to share with your table mates or is it assumed that the bottle is for you. One bottle of wine will not go very far with 6 or 8 at a table?

2. Has anyone who has stayed in a suite had success in requesting the CC breakfast menu from your butler. I don't mean obtaining the items from the menu, but actually getting copies of the menu to use. I don't really want to be penciling in my order every day on a different menu. I just think it would be much easier to ask for copies of the CC menu to use. We are staying in a RS.

Thanks for all of your assistance everyone. We leave next Sunday for Alaska on Infinity, our first with Celebrity.

Peter

I don't know about the suite question, as I've never travelled in a suite...

As for the wine question, it is absolutely assumed that the wine is just for you. The Sommelier will only provide the proper stemware to those in your party UNLESS you specifically ask for glasses to share with others. On my last cruise which was a 3 night, I brought two bottles. My travelling companion was on medication and couldn't drink more than one glass. The first bottle lasted through Friday and Saturday night. On Sunday I asked my table mates to help me drink the second bottle. Prior to that request, though, nobody expected anything from me.

We just stepped off the Mercury from the Alaska Hubbard Glacier cruise where we stayed in our first suite - a Sky Suite. We asked our butler about ordering breakfast from the CC menu and he happily obliged by delivering enough door handle order forms to last the cruise. And made sure we knew the menus were there when we didn't order room service the first few rainy days.

We were so spoiled by the suite experience that I don't know how we'll ever go back to our usual balcony room!

Peter/Dan,

We have been cruising in CC staterooms mostly, not suites, so I can't help you with that issue because that's the menu we do get- but sounds like the last post gives you a clear "YES" to your question.:)

As far as the wine, I've never had a problem ordering wines for the two of us, and when I order, the sommelier asks me how many glasses. I have replied 'two,' and that was that. Others at the table did the same thing, and if wines weren't finished, they were corked and saved for each couple for the next night...a rarity in my case!;) And sometimes, once the bottle arrives, I ask if anyone would like a glass, but it's usually after I hear a couple have the conversation about getting wine or not, and one says nah, and the other seems to want one...

We've always met wonderful folks on board, and have found that, if we made the offer, it was usually met with a "thanks! Sure, and why don't we get the wine tomorrow night!" The assumption is that, if YOU offer some of yours, others will return the favor at some point in the cruise. I would also feel fine if, at your table, you asked if we'd like to share wine for the cruise, and take turns...but you might not have that sense of your tablemates right away. One cruise, we were the only ones drinking wine at a table of ten. One woman didn't because of medicine, another couple didn't drink at all, and the other five, a family from Louisiana, had cocktails with dinner (Jack and Coke! Ewwwww!:rolleyes: , but they were fun people) Worst case, you can offer, and if no one else offers later, it's only cost you the graciousness of a few glasses of wine.

Have fun in Alaska. Ed and I loved that cruise.

Andrew

Archived