Motorcoach Service

I just heard that RCCL offers RT motorcoach service from several cities to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port in NJ. Has anyone used this service from Washington DC.? (only an hour from us). Where is the pickup and what time does the bus board? Is there ample parking?

This sounds rather attractive since we would not to have to worry about driving 5 hours from VA, getting a hotel and then getting to the port.

Thank you for any information.

I may not be much help, but a few years ago we took the RCI motorcoach from Phila to NYC for a Bermuda cruise. It worked out fine for us. If you booked thru a TA, you might ask her or him to get the info for you. If you booked direct, give RCI a call for the details. For us it was a convenient no hassle way to get to NYC without flying.

We used the bus service a couple of times, most recently in May from Phila to Cape Liberty. The first time we used it it came up from Washingon, Baltimore, Newark(?) Delaware, Philly, Burlington NJ and Cape Liberty. This past time I don't think it came from Washington but there may not have been anyone signed up for it. The bus turned out to be free which was great and unexpected (found out about the cost on Cruise Critic)...it would have been 109 per person. We found it to be quite convenient and the 3 times we've done it the bus was never crowded...ask your travel agent or call RCCL directly.

Spanky

There was a link posted on these boards this past week that will give you a lot of information. I know the 9/28 cruise to New England/Canada and a few others in September and October are free right now. We use the bus service whenever possible and it works out great. We are in the Allentown area and we get the bus at the LVI Airport. It is great, once you get your luggage on the bus, you don't have to hassel with it again until it shows up in your cabin. One important note: If you tell RCI that you are using bus service, and change your mind, let them know! Otherwise the bus driver is compelled to wait for you, usually 15 minutes, and on the return until the ship is empty. This happened to us on our May 11th cruise.

Archived