Black Sea cruise on 7/2/07

rheasue38

I read on another site that there was an Oceania cruise that was overbooked and passengers were being bumped with little compensation until Mr. Del Rio stepped in. Is this the cruise that I read about?

No, that cruise was last year. Apparently, a customer service agent was quite forceful in bumping people and not giving them the option of refusal. Mr. Del Rio stepped in and the people were reinstated (don't know where they found the extra cabins - I supposed they just kept upping the offer until somebody took it).

My travel agent called last week with an offer - I didn't even wait to hear it, before turning it down. We booked this trip over a year ago and used points for business class tickets to get there, so no offer would have been worth it. I suspose, if Oceania was providing the airline tickets and the offer was attractive enough, somebody would take it, especially if their schedules permitted quick changes of vacation. This would be a tough one to reschedule for anyone, as they are only offering it twice this year and I believe both are fully booked (or overbooked, as ours was).

Archived