EXCURSIONS, May 5, 2008 cruise to Alaska! Yahoo!!!

GloBug

Let's share excursion info with each other here. If you have cruised to Alaska before, share the ones you liked, and the ones you wouldn't recommend. Sure, we have over 300 days to go, but hey, it's never too early to start building up that excitement! :D

I had to review my excursions to make sure I didn't forget any. Heck, it appears we only booked two of them!

KETCHIKAN: We booked the LUMBERJACK SHOW. It was a lot of fun, but at times it was ho hum. If you have kids, this would be a great thing to do!

JUNEAU: We booked CAPTAIN LARRY for a whale watching excrusion. We were lucky to have our on-board naturalist Brent Nixon with us, and also Bowser from Sha Na Na! There was a person in a wheelchair on the excursion, and Nixon and Bowser lifted him up and put him on the boat!

I would think that the ports in Astoria and Seattle, as well as the ports in B.C. should be accessible-friendly since they are major cities.

Hey Glorya

In Ketchikan...don't use Rainbird tours...the guy stunk of liquor @ 7 A.M.

I am thinking of a Misty Fjord catamaran cruise..I think it is with Allen Marine...don't know the Web Site...sorry.:(

And for those of us who are daring...thinking of that snorkel trip...I think it is Mountain Point snorkel ....BRRRRR!!!!

We have lots of time to figure this out...;) Lorette

Hey GloBug and Gator Mom..

You two seem to be holding it all together..I really haven't had time to stay current with the boards, but whenever I can, I try to catch up..

This was a great idea, and I'll have to see if I remember what we did in 1999 when we were there... Talk to you all later..again, GOOD JOB

The absolute highlight of our trip (6/3 - 6/18/07) was our flightseeing trip around Denali, etc. out of Talkeetna. We went with Talkeetna Air Taxi but I know BQ also recommends Talkeetna Aero. Positively awe-inspiring!

We were lucky to have our on-board naturalist Brent Nixon with us...

We sailed in May on the Mercury with Brent Nixon... fabulous!!!

My favorite excursion remains the Tracy Arm / Sawyer Glacier day cruise out of Juneau.

My second favorite is the Kenai Fjords Nat'l Park day cruise out of Seward.

Archived