Looking for excursion suggestions: Caribbean for toddler

rachel0

My DH and I will be on the Crown Princess in Nov. with our DS who'll be about 20 months old. We've cruised pre-baby, and with extended family w/babies but not our own and none at this stage of toddlerhood. So I'm looking for excursion ideas in Aruba, Bonaire, St. Thomas, St. Kitts & Grenada that might be a good fit for the 3 of us.

A few details: while we'd be happy on the beach everyday, if we could find something good, a change of pace would be nice--like a tour or water activity (we love the water--he's total water baby). I am looking for ship excursions, not on-your-own stuff (I know I know, it's easy/more economical to get here or there with a taxi, rent a car, etc. However, for a variety of reasons, for this first cruise with our son, we'd prefer getting gouged by Princess:rolleyes: , I mean, going through Princess).

So, does anyone have experience with excursions they tried and was toddler-approved or -disapproved?

TIA,

Rachel

St. Thomas had Coral World...my young kids had a blast there

http://www.coralworldvi.com/

I haven't been to the other ports so I can't comment on them. IF they have a dolphin encounter at the other ports that accept under 2's...then I would probably try that. My 2 year old loved seeing the dolphins in Bahamas.

I was going to suggest Coral World as well. I went there by Taxi is instead of by Princess, but that choice is yours. I get the rather not have the hastle part. BTW best place to watch a storm roll in is on the Undersea Observatory. I have some beautiful pictures. Then we went down below until the storm passed.

I too haven't been to the other ports

THanks so much cruisinmama06 and larronry! Coral World is an excellent idea for DS as he looooves fish/aquariums. He cries when it's time to leave or turn off the computer--I pull up fish/whale etc pictures on the laptop and show him, he'll be entertained for literally hours. I can't believe I didn't even think of it; it's just not something we would have chosen pre-baby (and baby doesn't scuba...yet). (actually I've noticed you two always have good ideas/posts.) Thanks again--so glad I posted!

In Bonaire, I was thinking of the historical Dutch sailing ship but wasn't sure if we'd be comfortable on it with a toddler--I wouldn't want to take him on like an America's cup sailing type excursion or is it like the jolly roger ones? i've never done either--and neither sound appropriate (assuming, as I am that the pirate excursions are big drinking parties?). Has anyone taken this excursion--what's it like and did you take kids on it?

THanks!

rachel

From what I've seen of the jolly roger ones...(as posted here, not in person, although we did sail past one once) they aren't party cruises. They are actors who put on a big show and get the kids in on the action. But you would have to wait a few more years for that too. ;)

Archived