Recently off the Regal?

weluv2cruise

I've got some ?'s for you:

1. Are the jacuzzis open for late night (midnight-ish) dips?

2. How was the production shows? Do you remember the names?

3. Weather/sea conditions (of course, we're going in August, so this may not apply)

4. Three formal nights on 15-day cruise?

5. Embarkation began at what time?

6. Are free minutes included on the internet if you are a Platinum cruiser? (Haven't been on a cruise with this change)

7. Who is the CD and did you like him/her?

8. Any really fun/interesting thing you found to do on your own, either on the ship or in a port?

9. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Thank you to anyone who answers my crazy questions - I'm starting to get really excited about our our upcoming cruise, so my mind is wandering . . .

Hi I'll answer as many of your questions as I can. We were on the Midway/Hawaii 20 Day cruise (May-June 07).

1. Not sure about the jacuzzis.

2. Saw some production shows that were very good.

3. First few days out and back were a bit rough and windy.

4. Three Formal nights.

5. Embarkation began at 11:30 am.

6. Yes. You must first go to the Purser's Desk to purchase your time. You will be refunded for $100 at the end of the cruise. In the Computer room there is a notice there to tell you how this works.

7. Frank Castiglione was our Cruise Director. Was nice. Did not really see him around much outside of the introduction of shows and the Good Morning tv show.

8. I tried to get to most of the Trivia games. They were very popular on our cruise. Enjoy the sea days as they are very relaxing.

9. Please remember the Regal is an older ship, she is small, simple and beautiful. She reminds me of the old times of cruising. I think she is very special.

Happy Cruising. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Regal today. David Bradshawe was the Cruise Director and was quite disappointing. He did have a couple of really good kids on his staff, though. I don't think the hot tubs were open until 10:00 P.M. I thnk there were 4 production numbers, Piano Man, Country Roads, C'Est Magnifique and Shake, Rattle and Roll. First day out was pretty rough and chilly. It got nicer as each day came. We had pretty good weather coming back. It was a little cool on the way to Ensenada but the sun was out.There were 3 formal nights. One before Hawaii and 2 after. Some of the game shows were fun, especially the Yes or No game. They had Trivia every day at least once. We took ship excursions in each port except Maui. The Movies and waterfalls tour in Kauai was fabulous. I hope this helps. I will write a more detailed review in the next few days.

Archived