Millenium/Medit.. Must Do's

ambergj

We did the Med on Millie in 2005. We loved everything about the ship and the ports. My two top picks of MUST SEES would be...If you stop at Villefranche or that area, visit Eze. It's a medieval town perched on top of the mountain overlooking the Mediterranean. The beauty of it blew me away. We took the train from Villefranche and then local bus to Eze. In Florence, climb up (or take a taxi if you have trouble climbing steep hills) to Fort Belvedere for the most amazing views of Florence. Everyone mentions going to Piazza Michelangelo, but it's overcrowded with cars and buses and people. Fort Belvedere looks down onto Piazza Michelangelo, plus has the added bonus of having a 360 degree view. It was so peaceful up there (at that time it cost 6 euros each and was money well spent). We were there for noon and all the bells started ringing. I took a video/audio clip with my camera and love re-playing it listening to the bells. It was magical.

If you start or end in Venice/Barcelona, try to stay at least one extra night (we did two). Both cities are beautiful and it's a shame just to fly in/out without fully exploring them. Enjoy your trip.

Lynn

Hi Ambergj! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and what a great honeymoon trip!!! We are on your same sailing, july 12th...i am sure you have been busy planning the wedding while I have been busy planning for the trip for like a year, so if you need any help/have questions, i'd be happy to help! Jordie

Archived