Celebrity Honeymooners

ambergj

Hubby and I took a 13 night Honeymoon Cruise through Europe in 2000. We got NOTHING special. Maybe we didn't tell enough people? I was kind of disappointed that the honeymoon wasn't played up a bit more. I was really disappointed in our travel agent for not doing anything for us. Not even a bottle of wine! We never used her again.

We loved the cruise still. We aren't what you would have thought of as "typical" honeymooners. I was 30 and hubby was 55 years old at the time. But still, it was my first marriage (and only) so I was hoping to get a few extras.

Really, I think the trick is to play it up yourselves. When we were on the flight over to Europe just after our wedding there was a younger couple telling EVERYONE that they were honeymooning. The flight attendants gave them a bottle of champagne! I remember I wanted to scream out, "us too!!!" but we didn't want to seem like we were just trying to get on the bandwagon, know what I mean?

So, you get nothing special if no one knows you are honeymooning.

Cheryl

You need to let your travel agent know AND hint that you would like something done for you. You need to have all your friends know that you would like something done for you AND, you need to tell everyone you ever meet throughout the trip that you are on your honeymoon.

Just my experience. They don't know if you don't build it up.

Cheryl

Well, I know that my "in-law" has mentioned it to the travel agent. I'm a teacher and he's FINALLY eligible to work in the US (he's from the UK) and we've been together for 7 years and have met on a cruise when we were both in High School. We just want something special! W/ what we've been thru...we deserve it!

We were together for seven years before we actually got married. I really wanted everything to be a big deal but, alas, to everyone else you are just another couple out there.

You may or may not have a cabin attendant, travel agent, family, etc... that chooses to make your cruise special for you. No guarantees! But, hey, YOU HAVE EACH OTHER!

Congratulations,

Cheryl

That we do! We're so excited!!! 13 days until we're married and 15 days until we're in Venice for 2 nights to get over jet lag and relax and enjoy in my opinion one of the most beautiful cities in the world!

What a priviledge to be able to enoy!

My husband and I just got back from the Millennium June 6-18/07 cruise. We told our travel agent that we were celebrating our 35th anniversary and on what date. There was a very nice cake brought to our table and the staff sang Happy Anniversary. We were also invited to a Honeymoon and Anniversary party complete with champagne. It was a nice little get together we thought. We assume we got the invitation to the special party from the prior mentioning of the anniverary celebration. :)

OOOOOOO Thanks! I'll have to check into that. I'm so excited. We've done a similar cruise but on Princess. We are excited to try something new, but wanted to at least be recognized. Do they announch that little cocktail party?? Or do you ahve to be invited?

We honeymooned on the Summit in 2004 to Alaska. There was a 'honeymooners/anniversary' party one of the first days on the ship. We were invited to that and they took our picture by the 'honeymoon' cake. (Of course, we had to pay for the picture, if we wanted it). They also usually do the newlywed/not so newlywed game. We entered the contest and actually won. Then, we got some free stuff. But, other than the beginning party, there really wasn't a mention of it, and we didn't get anything special. We told our TA, and she added it to our reservation, so I guess that is how we got invited to that special party.

Hope that your wedding goes well!! And that you have fun on your honeymoon.

We received a formal invitation in our stateroom inviting us to the cocktail party. On celebrity, there are no announcements over the speakers but it may have been in the daily journals, I am not sure. It was a thrill to get the invitation in our stateroom. It reminded us of the wedding invitations that we sent out 35 year before. I hope you have a wonderful time!!:)

My husband and I were actually married on the Galaxy while it was in the Port of Baltimore. Other than being invited to the Honeymoon/Anniversary party and receiving a cake at dinner (which I think they now charge for), they did not do anything else.

However, be sure to attend the Honeymoon/Anniversary party. They usually will ask for the longest married couple and the newest married couple. As we were married on the ship the day of departure, we clearly were the newest married couple. We were rewarded with a bottle of champagne and a photo with the CD. We are also pretty sure this is how we were invited to dine with the Captain on the 2nd formal night! That was really nice as we never expected that. And then to top that off, we were told that the Captain had such a good time with us, he invited the entire table for a bridge tour! We definitely had a memorable honeymoon.

I agree with the other postings, you have to advertise that you are on your honeymoon. Even if it is just the good wishes from you fellow passengers, it always feels good to hear "Congratulations!" We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary next year back on the Galaxy and I made sure that my TA let them know not only that we are celebrating the anniversary, but that we were married on the ship as well. Any freebies would be great! Hope you have an excellent wedding and honeymoon!

Archived