Transfer to Laem Chabeng

Polly9

Hi,

We will be cruising on the Sapphire Princess in october. We will have visited Bangkok by then we are now looking at staying in Pattaya before going on our cruise. I find litte information about cruise transfers from Pattaya to Laem Chabeng, strange because it looks like the harbour is not far from Pattaya.

Does anyone have any tips?

Regards,

Polly:)

We stayed the night in Pattaya on an overnight stop in Laem Chabang last year. We got a taxi at the terminal where we docked, the system was a guy took a booking gave us a ticket and we waited for a taxi. We shared with others and didn't wait long. The taxi ride was about 35mins, our cruise company didn't offer transfers to Pattaya either. We booked a hotel opposite the beach, we literally walked in looked at the rooms (2 ocean view on 12th floor $60 AUD each ) and paid with a visa card. Pattaya has a great beach which is really all we were looking for as our 2 kids are young. We spent the day on the beach and in the evening went for a meal &had a bit of a stroll around the town, there are alot of girls outside the bars trying to lure the western men inside and men/girls all dressed up outside clubs offering shows. The girls were great with our kids, making a fuss as we passed the bars, out kids just took them at face value. The next day the kids had a massage, the ladies at the massage shop were keen to send me off shopping and leave my husband in their capable hands, "I don't think so!!" We looked in the shops there was a two storey shopping mall on the street that ran parallel with the beach.

Personally not a place I would plan a trip back too a bit too sleazy for us.

A friend and I did the Star 30 day Bangkok to Venice 2-or 3 years ago. First we took a Grand Circle Thailand 16 day tour then went to Pattaya for a week before the cruise. We had the hotel get us a taxi that took us to Laem Chabang with no problems at all. He took us right to the cruise terminal and unloaded our bags etc. I think it cost us about 15.00

Pattaya was one of the first RR places for the milatary serving in Vietnam and can be seedy in some areas ..We stayed in a German resort right on the beach that was a family place . It was lovely and we were about the only people that spoke English as our native language.It was fun

Archived