What To Wear In July

suzy5565

We just got back from PoAm on June 2. I wish I had brought something warmer for the evenings. The days are about 80 but in the evening if the ship is sailing it gets cooler. Also, I thought it was cool in some of the areas of the ship with the air-conditioner blowing. Sunset is about 7pm. Take an extra sweater and pair of pants. Have a wonderful time! It is a great trip!

We just got back from Pride of Aloha on 6/17. I would bring a sweater as some parts of the ship are cooler-I always had one for dinner and some of the lounges can get cooler also. As for during the day, the Big Island was humid. Otherwise, temps in the high 80's, low 90's. Shorts and more shorts.

thanks for the info- I was wondering about this myself. How about at night on maui? we are doing a luau there. Will I need long pants or just capris? Will I need to protect from bug bites like at night in New Jersey?

Capris will be more than adequate. At dusk, you may encounter some mosquitoes, but we always bring individually packaged DEET wipes "just in case" we need them. That way, we only use them as needed. We've really only had mosquito issues when it's very wet and/or at dawn or dusk. I did get attacked in December in Lahaina at dusk when it was pretty humid, but that's actually the only time it's been an issue there at all.

It wouldn't hurt to bring a very light sweater just in case, but with overnight lows in the 70s, you're unlikely to need it on land. On the ship, a light wrap or sweater is a must for the colder venues.

beachchick

Beachchick- thank you for your response. I can't tell you how many of your responses I have cut and pasted into word docs and printed for future reference- you are a wealth of info, and you have helped increase my confidence. Thanks again!!!

Happy to be of assistance. All I ask is that you have a mai tai (or other tropical beverage) for me--and have the time of your life.

beachchick

The weather in late October/early November is usually lovely. The waters are warmest in October. There will likely be some showers, but then again, that's the normal weather all year. The rainier season is usually December through the end of March or into April. Late Oct/early Nov, highs in most places will probably be in the low 80s (possibly high 70s, but more likely warmer, I'm sure our helpful Hawaii residents will have more detailed information); lows will probably be in the low 70s (or there abouts). Perfect, perfect, perfect time of year, IMO.

beachchick

Oh, beachchick, thank you so much for your reply to my question!! My DH has been a little worried about what the weather would be like while we are in Hawaii and he will be sooooooooo happy to read what you said!! It seems like we might have picked a good time to go! Thanks again!:)

Suzy,

Thanks for asking this. My sister and new brother-in-law will be on your sailing and I'll pass the information along to them. (Of course, I'm completely jealous that I'm not going, too, but I still want them to have a fantastic time!)

Happy sailing,

Susan

Archived