Georges Blanc menu items?

laura1960

We haven't sailed Carnival since they revamped their menu with the new Georges Blanc selections. I see from several webshots that many of my old favorites (pumpkin soup, beef wellington, Coquille St. Jacques, chilled strawberry soup, and oh, I could go on!) still remain.

However, after three Carnival trips with essentially the same menus, I'm anxious to try the new selections. For those of you who have tried them, what did you think? Some things sound absolutely delicious, but some things sound a little, well, weird...basil flavored ice cream, etc.

What's the best Georges Blanc addition to the menu you've found? Just curious!

We're sailing Carnival Spirit in January.

Laura

I tried a few GB items on our last cruise. Generally, they were very good. The dishes I enjoyed most were the Baked White Stuffed Mushrooms, Veal Cutlet Calvados, and the Bitter and Blanc. Bitter and Blanc was actually my favorite dessert beside the chocolate melting cake and I never was a fan of bread pudding before that.

I was on the Legend back in February and on the first formal night the GB selection was the Supreme of Hudson Valley Duck - it was outstanding. I know that's also lobster night, but I can get lobster anytime - or just ask the server to add a lobster tail. I also had many of the other GB dishes and desserts during the week and enjoyed them all. Looking forward to trying some of the ones I didn't get to on our Nov. 30th cruise on the Spirit.

Oooh, baked white stuffed mushrooms? Veal Calvados? Duck? OK, sign me up for that!

DH and I have a thing - call it a bet, a motivator, or whatever - we each have to lose at least 20 pounds before the cruise, or you have to eat salad every single damn day of the cruise, every single lunch and dinner. Works for me! I've already lost 10!

Lindnet, thanks for the invite, but we are on the Jan 1, 2008 sailing...nothing like starting the new year off right with a cruise, eh?

We'll be sure to leave the ship in good shape for you.

Laura

Lindnet, thanks for the invite, but we are on the Jan 1, 2008 sailing...nothing like starting the new year off right with a cruise, eh?

We'll be sure to leave the ship in good shape for you.

Laura

Thanks! Sorry you won't be sailing with us, but you're right.....great way to start off a new year! :D

Archived