Cruise West vs Clipper

tsd1

I can't speak for Clipper, I always sail on Seabourn. However, I sailed on the Spirit of Oceanus last summer and really enjoyed the whole experience. It was a quality product. My one recommendation is not to book on the deck that circumnavigates the deck; get a cabin that has a door opening to the deck.

Thanks, Jane. We just put down a deposit for a Bering Sea cruise next year. They go to Dutch Harbor, where scenes from the Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch are filmed. We booked 507, a verandah cabin. Can't wait!

Sheila

• 2 weeks later...

Cruise West bought the Nantucket Clipper and the Yorktown Clipper. But, in May the Clipper Odyssey and the Adventurer were purchased by International Shipping Partners. Zegrahm Expeditions will be leasing the Odyssey for 5 years and I believe the Adventurer will be leased out to differing companies including Intrav for Antarctica cruises. Intrav was originally the "parent company".

Cruise West bought the Nantucket Clipper and the Yorktown Clipper. But, in May the Clipper Odyssey and the Adventurer were purchased by International Shipping Partners. Zegrahm Expeditions will be leasing the Odyssey for 5 years and I believe the Adventurer will be leased out to differing companies including Intrav for Antarctica cruises. Intrav was originally the "parent company".

You are right - my mistake.

I just heard that Cruise West was sold to the same company that owns Delta Queen - but I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere. Do you know anything about that.

The only thing I have heard is rumor about financial problems. Really don't know whether there is any truth to it or not. Just reading the boards it sounds like the service has slipped or maybe it was always that way - I really don't have solid information on anything.

Archived