QE2 "Dress Code" for Women

ggo85

good:)

i know you're a lawyer, i've mentioned it before. it is true though isn't it, legal documents don't use a lot of punctuation so a lot of things can be taken several ways?

that's what i asked my lawyer and he said possibly.

i'm not a crim, i'm a divorcee:D

glenn.

Legal documents should be clear and easy to understand.

That is, if life were perfect!

Matthew

Whilst no expert on women's clothing (ask my wife!) I can read a brochure. I also have rather more experience of the Queens' Grill on Queen Elizabeth 2......

From the .co.uk site:

What do I wear on board during the day? You'll need to pack or range of summer or warmer clothes, depending on your itinerary and the time of year you travel. On board, during the day, you'll probably find yourself most comfortable in casual wear or swimwear. In the ships' main restaurants attire for breakfast and lunch is casual wear (excluding shorts). In the King's Court on Queen Mary 2, and in the Lido Cafe on QE2 and Queen Victoria, casual attire (including shorts) may be worn.

From the .com site:

Which outfits should I pack? The general atmosphere onboard is elegant, but relaxed. Although shorts and swimsuits may not be worn in the ships’ main restaurants, casual attire (including shorts) is welcome during the day at the Kings Court on QUEEN MARY 2 and at the Lido Café on QUEEN ELIZABETH 2. Swimsuits, brief shorts and exercise clothing should be reserved for poolside lounging, deck activities and the spa.

Sorry Karie, but you are wrong on this one. consoling1.gif

Matthew

Sorry Matthew, but I have to say (as a woman) that you're wrong on this one! And whilst I was not a QG passenger on my last voyage, we were friendly with a number of QG passengers and I can categorically confirm that ladies DID wear shorts at luncheon in the QG restaurant. They were what I would call dress shorts, of the type occasionally favoured by lady golfers. That is, they were elegant and classy and worn with panache. In Caribbean temperatures consistently exceeding 80 degrees F and air con aboard which was inconsistent, at best, no one batted an eyelid.

And short cocktail would probably be more noticeable than long dressy trouser ensemble on 'formal' nights. But don't worry about it too much. It's your holiday and I'm sure you'll find a mix which is boh comfortable and acceptable. Enjoy your trip:)

Kirsten, who takes more interest in these things from an observational point of view, tells me that she cannot recall anyone wearing shorts in the Queens' Grill. We haven't been to the Caribbean, for what it is worth.

She did seem quite horrified at the prospect of such behaviour though.

And she is a woman. Unlike me.

Matthew

I can categorically confirm that ladies DID wear shorts at luncheon in the QG restaurant.

Even if some women do it and if you can get away with something, it might still be wrong and against the rules. And the rules have been quoted.

Archived