?'s on back to back on Veendam in Alaska...

nobbync

Hello Everyone,

I am in early planning for a Alaska trip in 2008. I noticed on HAL's website they are selling 14 days cruises from Vancouver. Basically it's selling back to backs as ALASKA COLLECTOR cruises. I am interested in setting up a family gathering on the August 8th cruise for 14 days. This way for those that can only go for 7 days can do either leg but I want all 14...:D

My question is for anyone that has done back to back in Alaska. While in Seward how does that work with some of us staying onboard while people are departing and arriving? Do those that stay aboard have a different way off to enjoy Seward or do we also have to wait till the ship is cleared and the ship emptied before we can get off? I am wondering if I'd be able to book one of the 6 hour Kenai Fjords NP boat tours while in Seward. The Veendam doesn't leave Seward till 8 pm so there's plenty of time as long as we are able to get off early enough.

Thanks for any help!

Nobby

People start off the ship usually around 6am. Just get in line and leave. :) Be certain to check with the purser on their policy for reboarding, needing a new key card???

If you are flexable, most always, late booking on one ways are at give away pricing- plenty of HAL this season $400-500/week.

Hi Budget Queen,

Thanks! I figured you may know the answer. So in Seward they won't be calling people by colors? Just get in line and we can get off anytime? I hope that's the case because it'll be no problems.

As far as the card to get back on I'd hope since they are selling it as a 14 day cruise I hope they'd give us a 14 day card but you never know. I will have to check on this.

I've seen one ways having some great deals this year but I really don't have the flexibility because there's going to be about 20 friends and family going.

Thanks!

Nobby

They do have "colors", however, there is no "clearance" in Seward or customs. You have passed through that in Vancouver, since AFTER Vancouver, all your stops are US. So you just get in line and go. :)

Archived