Atlantis Sub

sherree

Yes, I am pretty sure Seaport Village is the shopping area within walking distance of the dock. I haven't done the Atlantis submarine excursion in Aruba...but I did the one in St Thomas. In my opinion its not worth the money. We did see some colorful fish...but I have seen more snorkeling.
We also saw a turtle and a small shark...but that was in St Thomas.
If you have done any snorkeling...you might be dissappointed in this tour. I know I wouldn't do it again in any port. If the price was more reasonable and I had never been snorkeling I might have enjoyed it more.
Happy Crusing
CaribbeanCrazy

We did the Atlantis in Aruba but arranged it through the ship. Their place is within walking distance of the pier. We enjoyed the tour. It went down 120 feet, so I think you would see more than if you were just snorkeling. They took you by a sunken ship and that was interesting too.

• 6 months later...
We friends that did this and were very disappointed! It actually only goes one half way down and was quite boring to them. I hope this helps. We didn't do it, so I have no first hand informationm. [quote name='sherree']Has anyone taken the Atlantis Submarine in Aruba? Is the SeaPort Village close to the dock? Please give me any input you may have.[/QUOTE]

• 7 months later...
It was cool. It's fun to say we went to the bottom of the ocean in a submarine. If you don't like closed spaces or sitting really close to others.....this is not the thing for you. Would I do it again.....nah. It's more of a 'been there done that' type of thing. But everyone should do it at least once. We saw baracuda, other fish, and a couple shipwrecks. Interesting. :D

Archived