Table for Two on Fantasy?

globe9

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are booked on the Fantasy for this November and we requested a table for two in the dining room. Are there any tables for only two on this ship? I'd rather not sit at a table of 6 or 8 people I don't know as I've never really enjoyed this in the past. I'd like to eat in the dining room(better food), but if we must, we'll just eat on the lido deck again, but the food really isn't all that good.

There are such tables. Should you discover you don't have one, please see the MaitreD at the time/place noted in your embarkation Capers. They will do their best to help.

I've seen two-tops on each cruise. They're usually located in out-of-the-way places, like in corners or near service doors. However, they are available.

If you already requested one, you're ahead of the game. When you first get on board, go to your assigned room, check out your table, and if not what you want, see the Maitre d' asap. In the Capers that will be in your cabin upon arrival, there's an announcement as to what time to see him.

I noticed in another post that you couldn't get to the Maitre d' in time. BE EARLY!:)

Tables for 2 are available, when you first board the ship go and check out the dining room. If you are not at a table for 2 ask at that time for them to change you, that might involve changing your dining time and/or dining room but it has been my experience that they will change you- expecially if you are persistent. But don't let the a table for 6 or 8 deter you from eating in the dining room. They try to place people togther that "fit" together. You wouldn't be placed with a family with kids, for example, and you might even find that you enjoy the other couples. The dining rooms are a highlight so atleast give it a try.

I agree with you LisaT. Wife and I were at a larger table on the Glory and met some really nice people at dinner. So Globe, what part of N'awlins ya live in? We are in Marrero.(Katrina took our home in Chalmette) There are tables for two on the Fantasy though and hope y'all have a great time.

The Fantasy only has 2 two-tops in the restaurant. Since you are going in November you will probably get one (slow cruise time - unless it's Thanksgiving week). I was told by my PVP that they cannot be requested in advance so check as soon as you get onboard.

I agree with you LisaT. Wife and I were at a larger table on the Glory and met some really nice people at dinner. So Globe, what part of N'awlins ya live in? We are in Marrero.(Katrina took our home in Chalmette) There are tables for two on the Fantasy though and hope y'all have a great time.

I'm in the Metairie area, luckily no Katrina damage at all. Thanks for the answers averyone. The Maitre'd will be the first person I go see when I board and I'll have a $20 waiting for him too, just to "make sure" :)

I bet the Maitre d' won't accept your, uh, favor money.;) They do the best they can to please passengers. You might want to tip him on the last evening though, if he finds that table for y'all.

Archived