Freedom dining question

melissasneu

Does Freedom have a dining room or a buffet table area that they serve from the formal dining room menu during the evening hours for passengers that don't want to dress up? When I sailed Carribean Princess and the Celebrity Mercury on my last two cruises they both had some version of this option.

Melissa

No. Takeouts from the dining room is not done. Buffets - you can fill your plate and take to your cabin if you'd like. If you want the dining room food (which I strongly suggest), dress for the occasion.:)

No. Takeouts from the dining room is not done. Buffets - you can fill your plate and take to your cabin if you'd like. If you want the dining room food (which I strongly suggest), dress for the occasion.:)

Here we go again!!!!!!!!! No need to dress to the nines on formal. The option is yours. It's your vacation. Just no shorts or jeans.

They are right, no take out from dinning room, but the buffet you can, and remember the free room service as well.

For us, the first night on the Carnival Freedom was a jeans dinner in the formal dining room, they said no problem - i'd say 75% of the people were in casual, whatever they came aboard with - we actually wore jeans one other time, the Freedom cruise is a very port intensive cruise, and the timing is hard to get back on board, get to your cabin, change and get back down to the dining room.

We loved our wait staff and the dining room, so we came back late from excursion, checked with Dino our maitre'd about our attire, or should we find somewhere else, he said no problem! Come in, enjoy - and then asked us about our day and excursions - we felt comfortable about going in and had another great meal - and I don't think we ruined anyone elses cruise experience either by dressing that way :D

Perhaps I was not clear. I did not ask if there was a takeout service from the dining room. On the other lines I referred to, they had closed off an area of the buffet, dressed the tables with linens, china, flowers etc. and you were seated by a host, had a waiter, and given the dining room menu to order from. It was offered as a dining option. I myself did not try it but my mother and her husband who does not like to wear suits enjoyed it. I was wondering if this was an option on the Freedom?

Perhaps I was not clear. I did not ask if there was a takeout service from the dining room. On the other lines I referred to, they had closed off an area of the buffet, dressed the tables with linens, china, flowers etc. and you were seated by a host, had a waiter, and given the dining room menu to order from. It was offered as a dining option. I myself did not try it but my mother and her husband who does not like to wear suits enjoyed it. I was wondering if this was an option on the Freedom?

Ah, gotcha - the buffet is open for each meal, and is just a buffet only - never converted to formal dining etc. For off times there is still food - the deli was open 11am-11pm (great sandwiches!), and on the aft pool area is the 24 hour pizzaria, and late night grill open each night with nachos, hot dogs, hamburgers, and of course the 24 hour icecream/yogurt is a nice choice too! :)

Here we go again!!!!!!!!! No need to dress to the nines on formal. The option is yours. It's your vacation. Just no shorts or jeans.

Oh good grief! I've sworn off those ridiculous formal attire threads. I made one teeny comment - about dressing for the occasion...which meant any night.:rolleyes:

Mary,

Thank you for the info. We are usually early dinner people but chose the late seating this time due to the long excursion days and just wanted to know what other options were available.

Melissa

Melissa, when we booked we listed late seating due to the port intensiveness (if that's a word) of the cruise - we were assigned early and chose to keep it as we realized we had to get up so early every morning for excursions etc., we'd have gone to sleep on full stomaches and not been happy that way .

I think it works out either way - there is never shortage of food items - and your on vacation, so nothing is bad :D

Archived