WINO'S - Galveston - Galaxy

sddiver

I have been looking for a place to pick up wine for our Galaxy cruise in December. Found Spec's Liquours courtesy of the Wine Spectator. Two locations right along Interstate 45. One in Clear Lake, the other in League City. Here's a link to thier site.

http://www.specsliquors.com/

Any comments from Houston locals??? The selection in thier online store looks decent, can't comment on each location. Anyone know?? or know of a better option??

Thanks

Rich

Here's my option, I buy the 5 gallon bagOwine, I split it into equal parts, pour it into the ziplock bags, the good ones, the ones that don't leak, the wifester is not very endowed, we buy her a triple D, she stuffs them inside, we carry them onboard, she wears them to dinner, I tell everyone I'm breast feeding, the idiots believe it everytime!

I think Spec liqour has a great selection of "beverages" to choose from. I don't know about those 2 locations in particular but I am sure they are consistent accross houston area. Specs is the only place I will buy from and their prices are good as well.

kimberly

You can't beat Spec's for selection and price in the Houston area.The best or complete selection is at their main store[2410 Smith].Not familar with the two stores you mentioned however the two neighbor stores I visit when in Houston have what I would call a better than average selection of wine.They also give a discount for cash and case lots.The prices are the same at all stores and the discounts are taken off the prices you see on their website.

If you know what you want you may want to call the store you are planning on stopping at and see if they carry it.If not, they may offer to get it for you.

Anyway,enjoy

Austin, Texas

sddiver:

We are on the Galaxy in Nov, and this is our first cruise. Can you tell me what the alcohol "rules" are? We have a birthday over the cruise, can we bring our own wine for the celebration? Why do I see in other posts that there is no "in-room consumption"? Thanks for any info.

We will definitely be bringing a few bottles of wine from Specs on our Galaxy cruise in March.

We get all our wine there, the prices are great and the selection is huge. I go to the "mother store" on Smith Street, just south of downtown, once or twice a month.

I drove by the store on Bay Area Blvd in Clear Lake the other day and it looks like they've expanded. It has the same cheap prices as the downtown location, but a smaller selection. This location is probably the best if you're on your way to Galveston from Hobby airport. You will have exit I-45 at Bay Area Blvd and go through 6 to 8 traffic lights to get to the Clear Lake Specs. It's worth the trip.

Cheers,

Lisa

Archived