In-Stateroom Babysitting?

HMbrink

Has anyone ever used the in-stateroom babysitting offered by RC? We are cruising on the Grandeur in January with our one year old and would love to have a night to ourself. I'm nervous enough leaving her with people that we know, so I'm not sure if I will be able to leave her with a complete stranger. She is a very easy baby to take care of, and would sleep the whole time. I would greatly appreciate comments if you have used this service before. Thanks!

On our family reunion cruise three of our kids used babysitters one night for their kids. The kids ranged from 18 months to 6. It worked out fine. Sitters were very nice and did a good job. Each of the babysitters were provided one of our walkie talkies to keep in touch. The parents went back to the room once to check on everything. What you do will have to be what you are confortable with. No sence spending that money if you are not comfortable with it. Be aware you must make reservations 24 hours in advance. if you book several nights of babysitting you can arrange for the same person each night so that the child sees the same person. Enjoy!

We were so blessed to have Natalie (then a deck attendant, now cabin steward on Rhapsody) sit our 16 month old in Alaska in 2001. At the time, she had only been back from vacation a few weeks, during which she had her first child. So, you can imagine how much she missed her own little one. Hopefully Luke helped fill that void.

Well...you could always take me with as your babysitter. ;)

I'm a very young loving Grandma of 3 with one more due in 6 weeks, I won't ask for much...just my own balcony cabin, nights off and free time for hanging out at the pool each afternoon....like I said, I don't ask for much! :D But if by chance you'd like a loving Granmma as a sitter, I could be ready in a monents notice ;)

Sorry couldn't resist the urge to at least ask if I could be your baby sitter:)

Seriously, just wanted to wish you a good cruise and hope the baby sitting works out. I've heard good things about the crew and babysitting from one couple we met on the Brilliance, they were very happy with the service.

Archived