Dr.'s Cave VS. Sunset

AwayInParadise

I have both positive and negative things about these places.

I heard that at doctor cave's you get harassed with vendors trying to sell you drugs and prostitues. At Sunset the food is not good. The water is better and clearer at Doctor's but you get more for your buck at sunset. What to choose?

• 4 weeks later...

I am curious about this very question as well. Last time we did Doctors Cave Beach and it was a pretty view, nice beach and very close to Margaritaville. The negative side was that we were offered drugs several times and the food and drinks were not included. I am returning in January and was wanting to try out Sunset Beach. Anyone with advise would be helpful.

Well, havent been Dr's cove beach but we just went to Sunset beach in June. We thought the food was good, so that wasnt a problem. Pools, waterpark was clean and beautiful. Beaches were nice and safe. There is a guard that stays at the far end (by the fence that connects the property to the outside world) and so I felt very safe. We snorkled some and no, it was not the greatest, but we had a great day. I think it's worth a lot to just not be hasstled and offered drugs. Who wants to deal with that?????

At Dr.'s the offering of drugs was unreal. When I say at least 50 times I am in no way stretching the truth. I guess it's because we are in our early 30's and they figure we are an easy sell.

I have seen that a few people suggested getting past the jetty's to get good snorkeling at Sunset. Is this true? We are big snorkeling people. The last time I went snorkeling in Jamaica I was really dissapointed. We only had about a 25 minute stop and then straight to Dr.'s for 2 1/2 hours. If I get past the jetty I will have all day to look at things vs. 25 minutes. Right??? If all else fails for snorkeling the next stop will be Grand Cayman and I love that stop!!

Archived