EEE Tours vs. Taxi which is better?

CurlyRed964

I booked Henry at EEE tours for our visit to St. Thomas. However, I am not sure that we are well suited for the type of tour offered through them. My husband does not want to do any sightseeing. He spends enough time on the road that he doesn't want to spend anymore time than necessary on the road. He'd rather spend all day at the beach and at the end of the day grab some souvenirs. My five year old feels the same way, but she does want her photo taken at Blackbeard's Castle (she's a pirate fan!). I want to sightsee, have some beach time and shopping/lunch time, just like the tour indicates. I've emailed Henry to see if he could drop my husband and daughter off at the beach while I continue sightseeing with the rest of the group and then meet my family back at the beach. I haven't heard back yet. Has anyone done with with EEE tours or would getting a cab for the day be better for my picky little group? Ideas?

Thank you!

We used Henry and EEE Tours and loved him. As far as dropping the hubby off at the beach first, I really don't know the answer to that. We had a private tour with Henry and toured for only about an hour. Henry knows everything that there is to know about St. thomas and makes the tour enjoyable. I would just go to his contact page and call him if I were you. Keep us posted!!!

I checked EEE tour website and the rate is $35/pp while others charged $25. I am not worried about the price, just wonder why and will the service is any better?

I have not done both, but I really enjoyed my day with Henry. I would have payed more for his tour. One plus was we were his only people booked with him that day and it was close to a private tour with out the cost, he got to know us and pointed out things we would like to see (wife a teacher and he pointed out the schools and talk about them). We had the whole taxi truck to my DW and I and one other couple for the tour and then we were the only people for the beach trip. Go with Henry you will enjoy him.

My DW and I just returned from a cruise and had booked Henry based on the recommendations of this site. We thought Henry was a very nice man and his character lived up to everything that had been said about him. I just want to share what happened to us and find out if anyone else had a similar experience.

We were picked up at the pier on time. We were the only ones in the vehicle for about 15 minutes while Henry apparently went to drum up more business from passengers unloading the ship. A mother and daughter joined us, which was fine. It was obvious we had been the only ones booked for the day. Once we headed out, Henry received a telephone call from someone. We ended up going and picking up another tour bus full of people who were on a broken down van. We thought they were going to be joining us for what we were doing - not a problem. It ended up though that they were on a totally different tour from another ship, so after our sightseeing portion, we returned to the pier to drop them off.

Then, instead of continuing on the tour, he drove farther down the pier, returning to our ship and parked. Without any explanation, he disappeared to the pier entrance for a while. We sat there without knowing what was going on for over 30 minutes. Additional people joined us, and we were off to Coki (sp?) beach - not something we wanted to do. He dropped them off and I decided to find out what was going on because we felt that honest communication was lacking. He sorta explained what was going on, but it still sounded a little contrived at the time. Henry took us to Sapphire Beach, got us oriented to what was there, and left to pick us up after two hours.

We enjoyed the beach and the snorkeling. It was beautiful - we just wish the sun had more prevelant through the heavy clouds.

Henry picked us up on time - a little early even. We asked to return to the ship knowing that we would clean up before going out and shopping. It wasn't until we got back to ship that we got a full explanation. A tour which is apparently part of the network he is associated with broke down. They asked for Henry's help, I guess because they knew he was not full for the day. He explained that he felt obligated to help them out because if there ever came a day he needed help, he would get it because he helped them. I understood and supported him completely; I think this shows the fine person he is. My main criticism is that if he had been up front and said these things at the beginning of the "detour" to our tour, no one would have been upset or questioned why our time was being wasted.

I would recommend him, and if you use him, I hope what happened to us was a very rare occurance.

I would imagine that this is not something that happens very often. I have heard that tour operators share customers if they are full for the day..or have vehicle problems...When we were in St. Thomas, antoher tour operator also had vehicle trouble..(i wish I knew who it was...maybe this is the same one!) We were on a private tour and Henry dropped us off at the beach. The other operator obvioulsy begged Henry to use his 27 passenger vehicle. Henry talked to us and we didn't have a problem with it because we were headed back to the ship after the beach. Henry picked us up on time in his sedan and took us back to the ship. Great day, great tour, great person. I think that he is just so nice and doesn't want to tell anybody no. I would like to know who's vehicle broke down!!!!

Archived