time difference in San Quan?

Louise45

I am going to San Juan in September, flying from Charlotte, NC. Is there a time difference when we arrive? I am really concerned because I've already booked a 12:30 flight back home the day the cruise ends. Now I'm not sure if we'll have an hour less than I thought. Can anyone help me?

I am going to San Juan in September, flying from Charlotte, NC. Is there a time difference when we arrive? I am really concerned because I've already booked a 12:30 flight back home the day the cruise ends. Now I'm not sure if we'll have an hour less than I thought. Can anyone help me?

If you booked a 1230 flight then the plane leaves at 1230.

Not to be a spoil sport but your next cruise will also be leaving out of the US! San Juan and the whole island of Puerto Rico are part of the United States!

And, FYI, Puerto Rico is 1 hour ahead of Eastern time..... 3 PM in Charlotte is 4 PM in San Juan.

You are right. I did find out last week that my cell phone provider, Verizon Wireless includes San Juan in my plan, so it's free! I didn't realize when the airline gave me times, it was already actually figured out from where we will be. I should have thought of that! We are suppose to arrive at 11:30 so that's really 12:30. That's sounds better, we'll probably be able to get into our cabin when we finally make it to the boat! Thanks so much. And coming home we'll gain our hour back.

I lived in Puerto Rico for three years, great place to visit. Check with Carnival right before your cruise though, if the price has gone down you should get a credit. My parents came to visit while we lived there and they were going to book a last minute cruise and the rates were dirt cheap cause they were trying to fill the cabins. Carnival offers a price gaurantee if you book directly through them, so if you call the day before you are set to leave and the rates are cheaper they will usually credit you.

And, FYI, Puerto Rico is 1 hour ahead of Eastern time..... 3 PM in Charlotte is 4 PM in San Juan.

Except in the summer, since we don't use Dailight Savings Time. Right now we are in sync with Eastern time.

Archived