11 nights = 11 outfits?

mammel123

Thanks everyone for the insight.

While we are flying executive class and we are in a suite, we usually tend never to reach baggage limits. We hate trudging through airports with loads of stuff, and we have done a five day trip with carry on luggage only!

My concerns were more related to the length of the trip and this being our first cruise. So, I've decided we will be limiting to whatever fits into 2 suitcases, one garment bag and one carry on between us. As my stuff (other than casual or day wear) is dresses, I won't be mixing and matching, but I will double up. As many of you've said, I can't imagine that on a ship of 1500 anyone will notice or care.

Again, thanks for taking the time.

I learned to pack more lightly when I had to pay $120 in overweight baggage from Singapore to Chicago at the end of our cruise arouns Australia(ended in Singapore.) There were so many more fun ways I could have spent that money. On our next cruise, I took two casual slacks, 2 walking shorts and about 6 tops that would go with either slacks or shorts. I found a beautiful long satin skirt at Value City and wear it with various tops for dinner. The above and a pair of black silk slacks with various tops completes the "collection." While in Singapore, I had a Chinese style long dress made - black silk - it is very comfortable and light and takes up almost no space.

A lot of weight in my luggage comes from cosmetics, but I've learned to buy some of what I need ( talcum powder - I love baby powder, makeup towelettes, etc) at our port. Our next trip will sail from Osaka, Japan and I'm looking forward to browsing in a Japanese drug or variety store.

To each their own. I've never had an overweight problem (I'm speaking of my luggage, not my body...heh) and I take lots of clothes. But then on American Airlines, each person is allowed two checked bags, and I think the weight allowance is generous. Sorry if I didn't understand the question, if some other airline or international lines do not allow this.

Jane :p

Archived