What cabin for Glory?

dadofgage

My wife and I just got back from the Celebration and decided to book another cruise for next summer and take our kids (age 5,8) with us.

The Glory goes out of Port Canaveral and we wanted a balcony/suite.

So the question is, what is a good cabin that we should book?

DH and I sailed on the Celebration in May and are booked on the Glory for the week of Xmas -- wonder if it's a trend? We have a balcony cabin, midship, on the Upper Deck. Cabin choice is very subjective and people who have cruised before usually have their favorite locations. Where was your cabin on the Celebration? Did you like that general location whether it was forward or aft, or on a lower or higher deck? The Glory is much larger, but general locations may not make a difference. You also want to be aware of what public spaces are underneath or above your cabin because there could be some noise. On some ships, and I don't know about the Glory, the balconies near the front of the ship get sea spray. Hope this helps and have a great cruise next summer :D

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2007, 2007

Holland America - 2004, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

We'll be on the Empress Deck (Deck 7) in a balcony cabin in 11 days; we've sailed on the Glory before and had a cabin on that deck, and we think it's just perfect!!! It's close to everything. Have fun!

We're going to be on deck 7 very soon.

When you get back, please let me know what you discover.

What do you want to know, specifically? We're in Cabin 7340 - close to the middle of the ship. Two decks up and we're at the pool/restaurant; two decks down, and it's the Promendade. We've stayed on this deck before, but near the aft part of the ship. You can look at the deck plan to see how convenient this will be; I know I'll love it!

We were on the Glory in February and had a balcony aft on floor 7. It was wonderful, the balcony was larger than a normal balcony room. The views were fabulous from the aft...we seen dophin going out of Port Canaveral and manatee (spelling?) leaving St. Thomas. Being on floor seven was great too, two floors up or down to the main activities. We enjoyed the aft room so much we booked another on the Miracle in Feb 08.

Have a great time!

Archived