Qm2 - Internet Services

ludwigdrums

hi - just got off the qm2 last mon. beautiful ship, but lots of people smoking. one big lounge, you could not walk through it. the internet is about $14 for a half-hour, the most expensive, it only goes through the roof from there. also, there is no cell phone availability for your own phone, you have to use the ship's. so it's $1.29 to $1.49 versus $4.95 per minute. talk about a nickel and dime operation in the guise of luxury. happy sailing. newlife61@comast.net

The above are accurate. The minutes are not cheap but if you use your own laptop to compose and then just go on line to send and download the cost drops. My battery is not strong so I did my composing in the stateroom because there are not many "Edison" plugs around. Commodore has one off in a corner and in Connections there is one but often you cannot get to it. Take along a small extension cord if your computer cord is not long. I also suggest bringing a power strip for the stateroom so you can charge camera etc. The man in charge of Connections was named Graham. He is quite helpful.

We will be on QM2 in Dec after we do QV around the world. I really like her and I am certain you will also.

Archived