full breakfast in mini suites

abyss

I believe you are supposed to only get a full breakfast in a suite not a mini-suite. However a few years ago when we were on the Star Princess in a mini-suite we were able to order a full breakfast by just writing in what we wanted on the room service card. We always received what we requested. We were on the Island Princess last year in a balcony and we tried this, but we did not receive the full breakfast. Does anyone have any experience with this?

The rules have changed recently, in the last year or two. Full meal service, including breakfast, is allowed in full suites only now, that does not include mini suites.

We used to be able to do the same thing, but not lately.

We were in a mini-suite on the Island in May. The door hanger for breakfast had the option to tick off eggs, meats, omlette's, etc.

It was the first I had seen it on Princess - didn't know if it was fleet wide, specific to type of cabin we booked or only on this ship (the Island). Thought it was a good option.

We were in a mini-suite on the Island in May. The door hanger for breakfast had the option to tick off eggs, meats, omlette's, etc.

It was the first I had seen it on Princess - didn't know if it was fleet wide, specific to type of cabin we booked or only on this ship (the Island). Thought it was a good option.

I have read this about the Island Princess before. It is not a representative of most of the room service offerings on the other ships. Glad you were able to order a hot breakfast in your mini, just wish the other ships would also allow this. I miss it dearly! :(

So, does anyone have a copy of the Room Service Menu for Mini-Suites, etc. for the Diamond Princess? Or know where to find one?

Thanks......

Try to locate ANY room service menu as the menu for minis is exactly the same as for insides, outsides and balcony cabins, no difference. :(

Edited to say: Here is a site to view room service menus, they are all pretty much the same so it doesn't matter which ship they are from.

http://cruiseclues.com/starprincess/room_service_menu.htm

I was in a balcony room on the Sea Princess, April, 2006, mini last November on the Golden and mini just a few months ago on the Island Princess. Every morning had no problem ordering what we wanted, hot & cold from room service for breakfast. We just wrote the items we wanted cooked or prepared for us on the continental breakfast card & they were delivered to us promptly at the time we indicated. Didn't use a menu. Some of our orders included bacon,sausages & eggs, omelets, lox, cream cheese & bagels, pancakes, oatmeal with berries, etc.

I was in a balcony room on the Sea Princess, April, 2006, mini last November on the Golden and mini just a few months ago on the Island Princess. Every morning had no problem ordering what we wanted, hot & cold from room service for breakfast. We just wrote the items we wanted cooked or prepared for us on the continental breakfast card & they were delivered to us promptly at the time we indicated. Didn't use a menu. Some of our orders included bacon,sausages & eggs, omelets, lox, cream cheese & bagels, pancakes, oatmeal with berries, etc.

You might find some changes on your next sailing. It all depends on the ship now. The beginning of 2006 we were still able to order pretty much what we wanted, but not anymore. :(

Archived