Looking for lunch suggestions in Puerto Montt or Puerto ******

infohunter

I'm setting up a tour in Puerto Montt/Puerto ******.... the tour folks have provided me pricing which is plus lunch. They indicated that we would work out lunch cost and availability depending on where we wanted to go.

I'll be hitting the tour books I bought but thought I would ask all of you that have been there....

Where did you eat? What was the good or bad? Any food specialties in the area that I should ask about?

Appreciate everyones help!

A few years ago, we had an excellent lunch at Restaurant Kiel, near Puerto Montt, during a private day tour of Puerto Montt and Puerto Varas. A very good local specialty is curranto, a hearty seafood stew with mussels, clams, pico roco (a type of giant barnacle), chicken, chorizo, and smoked pork. Great with a bottle of two of good Chilean wine. Have fun. Cheers, Fred

A few years ago, we had an excellent lunch at Restaurant Kiel, near Puerto Montt, during a private day tour of Puerto Montt and Puerto Varas. A very good local specialty is curranto, a hearty seafood stew with mussels, clams, pico roco (a type of giant barnacle), chicken, chorizo, and smoked pork. Great with a bottle of two of good Chilean wine. Have fun. Cheers, Fred

Restaurant Kiel was one of the places the tour company I'm working with suggested.

I read about picoroco and that it tasted similar to crab. I do love trying new foods and new food preparation.

Realized as I look at my original post that Varas was cut off.... so yes my request for Puerto Montt or Puerto Veras.

Archived