audio guides in dubrovnik

Has anyone used the audio guides while walking the walls in Dubrovnik? If so, how much were they and could you use euros or only kunas? Was the info worthwhile as I read on an earlier post it was not clear when to key in a segment? Thanks

We did. I can't remember how much they were but we paid in Euros because we didn't have any kuna at the time.

It was difficult at some particular points to find the numbered signs for the next segment, but overall not too difficult. I found the information somewhat interesting, but as the walk went on I listened less and less because the segments were kind of long. Plus it was difficult to hold the handset up to my ear while also trying to take pictures, hold a water bottle, etc. It was nice, though, to be able to find out what something was if I wanted to know.

Has anyone used the audio guides while walking the walls in Dubrovnik? If so, how much were they and could you use euros or only kunas? Was the info worthwhile as I read on an earlier post it was not clear when to key in a segment? Thanks

We did in 2005. Don't recall the price but we paid with kunas - we exchanged some $$ right inside the gate to have enough to walk the wall, get the audio guide, and have a beer :) . We only bought one unit and shared it (cheap!). That approach seemed to work ok although it caused us to be at each stop 2x as long. (we still finished the walk in 1.5 hours.)

we thought it was worthwhile - otherwise we'd just be taking a walk looking at stones!:rolleyes: Part of the fun was finding the number - it wasn't that bad.

you can pay via kunas or Euros. i dont remember the exact cost, but it was around 5 euros each. I would get Kunas either via an ATM or exchange store. alot of places in Dubrovnik do not accept euros. we had the audio tour, but it was just OK. as ships mentioned above, it started to drone on way too long. i would save your money and just enjoy walking the walls without the commentary. most people walking the walls did not have the audio tour.

Larry

Archived