Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

cprincess

Got the Sheraton a 3* hotel for $60 for 9/29/07. I didn't think that was to bad. Half the price of the 2 1/2* we had booked. So I was able to cancel it. Now I just need to get a room for 9/23 and we'll be all set.:D

WOW. :eek: $100 is a lot higher than the $60 I paid. Wonder if it's because December is a higher travel month for them? :confused: I'll do my best to remember to post a review of the hotel when we get back for you. Have a great time!:D

Thanks, I will be looking forward to reading the review. I know $100 dollars is alot higher. I was sort of bummed out when I saw your post. Then I went to the Sheraton website and their asking price for a room is $268 dollars a night for the time we are going, so I figure we did not do as good as you but we still did ok.

:D Got the Sheraton again for $60 for our pre-cruise night on 9/23. So we'll be there pre and post. DH has been doing research on all the good eateries around there. Ready to hit the pool or beach as soon as we get there.

:D Got the Sheraton again for $60 for our pre-cruise night on 9/23. So we'll be there pre and post. DH has been doing research on all the good eateries around there. Ready to hit the pool or beach as soon as we get there.

I am going to bid for 11/9/2007. Does anyone know if this Sheraton close to last minute shopping (toiletries / water / wine) opportunities? Shuttle from airport / to pier? Thanks!

cprincess, you will be getting off the ship when we are getting on. :p I have never used priceline . When you bid on a 3 * hotel....... do you KNOW you will get the Sheraton Yankee ?

The last 3 times I have used priceline for hotels in Ft. Lauderdale I have always bid a level 3 in Ft Lauderdale Beach and have gotten 3 different hotels. Yankee Clipper, Bahia Mar and the Gallery One which was our favorite since it is a suite hotel.

The last 3 times I have used priceline for hotels in Ft. Lauderdale I have always bid a level 3 in Ft Lauderdale Beach and have gotten 3 different hotels. Yankee Clipper, Bahia Mar and the Gallery One which was our favorite since it is a suite hotel.

I got the Bahia Mar and I was pleasantly surprised. That was back in 2005. Do you mind posting when you received those bids/wins? I need to book for January and want to do it now as I know it will be prime beach time in FL. Thanks!

I got the Bahia Mar and I was pleasantly surprised. That was back in 2005. Do you mind posting when you received those bids/wins? I need to book for January and want to do it now as I know it will be prime beach time in FL. Thanks!

We got the Bahia Mar and the Gallery One on Priceline just this past May. Unfortunately for us we had booked the CB for the May 6 cruise before realizing that it was the Air Show weekend. I couldnt get anything on priceline for the Fri and Sat nights before the cruise so went ahead and booked the Bahia Mar through the hotel as it was the cheapest that we found. We then used priceline for the Thursday night stay and were fortunate enough to get the same hotel. We then decided to try for a post cruise hotel for the Sunday night after cruise and got the Gallery One. Seems like about 82.00 on the Thursday night and then 85.00 for the Sunday night. The Yankee Clipper bid was in Jan 2005 and I think it was around 85.00 or 90.00. We have also stayed at the Amerisuites, the Marriott (now the Grande) and a couple of more times at the Gallery One which was the Doubletree Marriott. We have always liked the Gallery One since it is next door to the Galleria Mall and the water taxi stops at the back door. However now that the water taxi has increased their rates up to 11.00 for the day I imagine we will be taking the sun trolley. Also we really enjoyed the Bahia Mar. We had booked a marina view room in the annex and when we checked in on our priceline deal the night before our regular stay we asked them if we could have the same room all 3 nights and we luckily got a balcony room overlooking the marina which was wonderful. We love that area also as we like to go the Bahia Cabana hotel in the evenings as it is a lively and fun place. Also great food on the open air deck and bar. Getting ready to go back either this Sept or Oct but havent booked our cruise yet. Probably will go back on the CB. We love leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale and always go down 2 or 3 days prior to the cruise.

Bid $100 on Priceline last night & got the Yankee Trader. Maybe I should have started lower? 3 nights before 11/10/07 on the HAL Z. Don't you hate it when they accept your 1st bid? Makes you wonder if you could have gone lower. Oh well, anything in shouting distance to the beach is ok w/me.

One more question - - what part of FLL are you searching for, and have any of you ever been ticked to find out what hotel you've won - one that you absolutely did not want. Am I pretty safe to just bid on a 3 star and not worry about it?

You never know what you're getting till the bidding is over. Not when you name your own price.

I was looking at the Sheraton website yesterday and it did state that there was shopping close. We usually stock up on bottled water the day before our cruise. So we'll be looking for a store for that also.

I'm thinking their prices must go up later in the year. More towards the November December time frame. And feel very lucky for getting it for $60 on both our nights in September.

Archived