Wedding In Key West... Help!!!

Sept 14, on the Rhapsody, we will have a Fort Taylor sunset beach wedding for my son arranged by Dial M for Matrimony. The unknown is transportation for our group of about 12, and where to go for a nice meal afterward that allows us time to get back to the ship. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,

Mike

try http://www.creativelimo.com for transport. They offer wedding packages as well as sedans. You could also try the trolley company and see if they offer any rentals. They are owned by Historic Tours of America and the they are based in Key West. You might also check their website at http://www.historictours.com. Maybe they could also direct you as far as dining options for the setting you are looking for.

Hope everything turns out wonderfully.

Since you have transportation, you might want to go to Martha's Restaurant which is about 4 miles from the ship. It is a very, very nice restaurant. The owner's name is Mark Hyatt. He also owns BeniHana's (wrong spelling) next door. That's where they cook the food at a table right in front of you. It's alot of fun. But Martha's is a very nice restaurant if you are looking for something a little more upscale.

If you need any more information, let me know. you can email me at Criscomia@aol.com

Cindi

Cruise, family, wedding, KW sunset. Here's a raised glass to a wonderful time.

If memory serves me well, Louie's Backyard was featured on $40 a day on

the foodnetwork. Wherever I heard of it, it sounded great. Also, try the KW

port of call, they'll have suggestions too.

CSW

I agree on Louie's Backyard but it's been a while so I'm unsure of how far from the port or where you will be that it is. I think it's the Hilton, on the north side of Duval that has a very nice restaurant in it as well. Check their site - could be a Hyatt- can't remember for sure.

I live in Key West - your best transportation will be by taxi. The Maxi Taxi has large vans that hold up to 9 people. The trolly and conch train would be very expensive to charter for such a small group. There's lots of fine places to dine in Key West and in Sept the prices haven't started to go up. Marthas however opens at 5pm and Louies opens from 11:30-2:30 then again opens at 6. How about something different like Cuban - try El Meson de Pepes on Mallory Square. Happy wedding!

Just a quick question....what time does your ship leave? I'm just asking, because you mentioned a Sunset Wedding, and I'm guessing that in mid-Sept., sunset would be around 6 pm?? I spent a day at Fort Taylor last year on a Holland America cruise in May. Where exactly at the Park will the wedding be? Thanks.

No. I was just there during the day to lay out by the beach. Our ship left about 5:00 p.m. The only part of the Park I saw was at the entrance, and the snack bar. I rented a chair for the day, and was sorry that I didn't bring aqua socks, because the beach is very rocky, and kind of hard. I'm thinking that the wedding will be held in the Park, away from the beach area. It looked like there were a lot of palm trees off to the left, and away from the beach area....which isn't very big. I'm wondering if you've tried a Fort Taylor website?? It would probably give you a lot more information.

Hi TexJan.

I noticed you were on our sailing.Were you on this same sailing last year?

Sounds like you got your hands full with the wedding,and I bet its going to be wonderful.I have also had friends that said Louies was really good.Stop by the roll call if you have time..Or are you one of Mary Lou (cowtowngirls)friend?

Anyway..Have fun,and good luck to the Bride & Groom!

I hope that there is a back-up plan in the event of bad weather for your wedding. A year ago this past March, our ship was unable to dock in Key West due to bad weather. A wedding was to have taken place there. Many guests had flown in to attend the wedding. The bride and groom were horrified.......all their planning had gone down the drain. They had prepaid for many things and there were no refunds. We felt so bad for the family that was on board. Please have a back-up plan.:confused:

Archived