Received NCL Welcome package..Q about luggage tags

alikim

Hi,

Just received Welcome Aboard Booket and Excursion booklet from NCL yesterday. Included was sticker luggage tags with Ship room number and our names.

When is the best time to put it on? Do I wait until I pick up my luggages from Hawaii airport then put them on? How do you put them on? Just stick them flat on to the luggage or fold in half to the luggage handle and them them them together.

My friend thought if I just put them on the luaggage before we leave it might fall off or get confused with airport tage.

Thank you.

P.S. Love the exucursion booklet. Wish I was able to do more adventurous tours...but with 80 year-old M-I-L, we have to stick to "tamed" bus tours. LOL!

Hi,

Just received Welcome Aboard Booket and Excursion booklet from NCL yesterday. Included was sticker luggage tags with Ship room number and our names.

When is the best time to put it on? Do I wait until I pick up my luggages from Hawaii airport then put them on? How do you put them on? Just stick them flat on to the luggage or fold in half to the luggage handle and them them them together.

My friend thought if I just put them on the luaggage before we leave it might fall off or get confused with airport tage.

Thank you.

P.S. Love the exucursion booklet. Wish I was able to do more adventurous tours...but with 80 year-old M-I-L, we have to stick to "tamed" bus tours. LOL!

Alikim - you just stick them around the handle. You should put them on before you leave. We have used them many times and have never had a problem with them coming off on the way!

Thanks goodness NCL sent them - trying to use the ones that come with their e-docs was insane! :eek:

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi, I'm curious. Did you book with NCL direct, because we haven't received anything from NCL since we booked 6 months ago. Our TA told us to go on line to look at the excursions and print them out. She said that NCL didn't have any kind of excursion book to give us. Maybe they just keep them for NCL customers! We also didn't receive any luggage tags either. How close to cruising are you and what ship are you on. TKU

Kat

Hi,

I didn't book directly, I have a friend who works for TA so we booked through her company.

We'll be on PofAl on 8/26/07-9/2/07. I was quite surprised to get a welcome packet. MY TA didn't tell me about that. I didn't receive my boarding pass or airline tickets yet though.

My friend told me that'll come later and instead of my boarding tickets going directly to TA, she is going to request that it'll be mailed directly to me. As far as the airline ticket, she mentioned it's a e-ticket? Quite didn't understand that but something about not having physical airplane ticket but printed from computer which will have the all the info? I have to confirm when it gets little close. Wanted to wait to see what I'll receive from NCL first.

My guess is that welcome booklet are mailed within 6-8 weeks of your departing date. By the time I got the excursion booklet, I had already booked all my excursion on internet (did all the research on ineternet). However, it was nice to see little color pictures of the excursions and wished I could do more excursions after looking through the booklet but all my days are full with excursions and cannot squeeze anymore in. :D

Unless your TA went on this cruise herself, I don't think she'll know everything. At least that's what I found out with my TA. I learned more by asking questions here than asking my TA since she never went on my cruise.

If you have questions, don't be afraid to call the NCL directly yourself and they are quite good so you'll able to get your answers.

Or ask here, there are so many wonderful people here who are so full of advises and answers. :)

Hi, I'm curious. Did you book with NCL direct, because we haven't received anything from NCL since we booked 6 months ago. Our TA told us to go on line to look at the excursions and print them out. She said that NCL didn't have any kind of excursion book to give us. Maybe they just keep them for NCL customers! We also didn't receive any luggage tags either. How close to cruising are you and what ship are you on. TKU

Kat

Hi all - (and KK)

We also received our welcome package from NCL together with the luggage tags and really nice booklet on the shore excursions, etc. We booked our cruise and pre-cruise stay directly with NCL (on the phone), and booked our airline flights independently. The last 2 vacations we took wherein we used a travel agent, things got really messed up and we just decided to do our own booking. So far, so good! When I called NCL about getting my itinerary, they told me 30 days prior to our cruise, go on line to NCL.com/Edocs and type in my reservation number and I can print my itinerary and other documents. Since we will be staying in Honolulu 3 days prior to sail, we will just put the luggage tags on our bags when we are ready to go to the ship.

Definately put your tags on before you leave!!!!! If you luggage gets lost/delayed etc, it will eventually find its way to the ship. Plus it makes it easy to spot when you arrive at HNL because of the colored tags.

I booked my entire trip thru a travel agent about 11 months before my trip. I received my docs from the TA in a nice NCL pack that had my itinerary, transfers, e-tickets, luggage tags etc. I got it about 3 weeks before we left. When we went to the airport, we just showed our id to get our boarding passes. Once we arrived at HNL, there were people there holding signs for the ship name "Pride of Hawaii" in my case and they directed us where to go. We had to show our transfer paper when we boarded their bus and they took our luggage which showed up to our room that night (about 9-10pm).

We got our edocs a couple of months before we left. I folded them as directed,and put them on before we left home..just stapled them,didnt use any extra tape..and they are still in great shape now! I put them on 4 pieces of checked luggage and printed some extra ones for our carry on pieces and our camera bag. I actually think they are as stonger than the normal luggage tags you usually get. I know the ones they gave us for the way home are kinda beat up..Dot

Can you explain more what edocs is? I tried to see it on the website but it said it's not ready yet. We'll leaving in August so that's only 6 weeks away.

Will you be writing full review of your trip? If you are, looking forward to it.

Thank you.

We got our edocs a couple of months before we left. I folded them as directed,and put them on before we left home..just stapled them,didnt use any extra tape..and they are still in great shape now! I put them on 4 pieces of checked luggage and printed some extra ones for our carry on pieces and our camera bag. I actually think they are as stonger than the normal luggage tags you usually get. I know the ones they gave us for the way home are kinda beat up..Dot

I will be writing a review in a day or two...edocs are your docs that use to come in the mail..now you download from a site that your TA sends you the link to(or NCL,if thats how you booked). Its your ticket to board the ship! :) You download the pertinent info for each person,which includes a page for luggage tags that you fold accordingly. I recall being surprised that I got mine so soon.. Dot

I received the welcome pack with excursion booklet and luggage tags for the ship with room numbers but did not get anything else such as air line tickets nor boarding tickets.

Both (boarding tickets and air line tickets) are printed on the computer?

Looking forward to your full review. :)

I will be writing a review in a day or two...edocs are your docs that use to come in the mail..now you download from a site that your TA sends you the link to(or NCL,if thats how you booked). Its your ticket to board the ship! :) You download the pertinent info for each person,which includes a page for luggage tags that you fold accordingly. I recall being surprised that I got mine so soon.. Dot

Yes,you will print both boarding tickets from your pc..but..you cant print the airline tickets until 24hrs before you leave..I usually get an email from the airlines telling me its time to print my boarding pass...

Aloha,

I received the NCL package from my TA the day after I posted here!!

Everything you mentioned was in it and my TA also printed out the docs and extra tags, so I guess I'm all set until I print the boarding passes.

Mahalo,

Kat

Archived