canary islands

lisa225

we are holding cabins on rccl voyager for nov, canary islands itinerary. we are trying to decide between this and celebrity infinity, south america. does anyone have any idea about the weather in the canary islands in november?

thanks,lisa

Hi Lisa,

We are booked for a Crystal cruise doing the Canary Islands the first week in November. I brought up the weather conditions doing a Google search and found that the temperatures should be mild -- 75 average in Las Palmas. Hopefully, the website I found is accurate. We always layer in case the weather changes.

Sheila

In Lanzarote the Montañas de Fuego is a must. It is a landscape like the moon. A lot of volcanoes. Also visit the Cueva de los Verdes which is a nautural volcanic tunnel and the Jameos del Agua, where is a volcanic and undergroud theatre with a natural lake. You may also visit the panorama over the small island of La Graciosa in the Mirador del Rio.

In Tenerife visit the Orotava valley and La Orotava and El Puerto de la Cruz. Las Cañadas del Teide which is the Teide's volcano caldera. You may go to almost the sommet of Teide (3.710 m above se level) on a cablecar.

In Lanzarote the Montañas de Fuego is a must. It is a landscape like the moon. A lot of volcanoes. Also visit the Cueva de los Verdes which is a nautural volcanic tunnel and the Jameos del Agua, where is a volcanic and undergroud theatre with a natural lake. You may also visit the panorama over the small island of La Graciosa in the Mirador del Rio.

In Tenerife visit the Orotava valley and La Orotava and El Puerto de la Cruz. Las Cañadas del Teide which is the Teide's volcano caldera. You may go to almost the sommet of Teide (3.710 m above se level) on a cablecar.

Thank you so much for these suggestions. Would I need a car to visit these places or could I go by taxi?

I would only add on lanzarote the museo al campesino the retuarant opens only for lunch the pig roasted in salt still makes me drool, regards

Hi dmk and the others....

We did all of those things listed with our 2 boys ( 11 and 14 at the time) and had an absolute blast! You can also do camel rides on Lanzarote.

Because there were 4 of us we didn't want to spend so much on tours so we prearranged car rentals on 2 of the Islands - Lanzarote and Tenerife. The driving was really easy! One of the things I loved the most about the Canary Islands - was how different Lanzarote was from Tenerife- they had a whole different feel!

When we drove up to the volcano on Tenerife - the weather changed to quite chilly the further up we went - so you might want to bring a sweater. We did that first then drove down to Puerto De La Cruz for lunch - it was really gorgeous! We were there in March though - it is eternal spring in the Canaries!

Our TA booked the cars for us ahead of time from Canada. Have a great time! Bring your Spanish/English dictionary!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived