Cruise Terminal Location in New York City

Maddog11Capt

We are booked on the Crowne Princess Canada/New England cruise Sept. 22nd. We are staying in downtown New York City for two nights prior to leaving on the cruise. Can anyone tell me where the cruise terminal is located and the best way to get from the theatre district to the cruise terminal? There will be four of us traveling together.

Thanks in advance.

Maddog11Capt

Hi. You should post this on the Princess board since the Crown is a Princess ship & Celebrity sails from Bayonne, NJ from the northeast.

I'm pretty sure that Crown sails out of the new Red Hook, Brooklyn terminal. I've never cruised from there but I would say that the best way to there from midtown is by cab or car service. I don't think that mass transit is feasible.

Enjoy your cruise!

Maddog -- You should make sure to check your cruise docs when you get there. Crown Princess primarily docks the the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal in Red Hook. However, if for some reason the Crown and Queen Mary 2 are in port on the same day, one of them will switch over to the Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne New Jersey.

I would say a yellow cab is the best way to get to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Make sure you download driving instructions from the Princess (or Cunard) website. The Brooklyn Cruise Terminal is still quite new. When we sailed on our QM2 cruise earlier this month, the driver had no idea how to get there. We had brought step-by-step driving instructions, and even with that he got lost. Luckily, we also had a handhelp GPS navigation system that I had pre-programmed with the port location. We eventually got to the port.

Archived