What is Upscale Casual dresscode??

The OP's question was posted on the Carnival BB, then moved by the moderators to here. It has nothing to do with cruising and even less to do with Carnival since Carnival has no "upscale casual" dress code. Even if some cruiseline does have an upscale casual dress code, it would be their own dress code. And could be vastly different than the Melting Pot's dress code. Someone asking about cruise dress codes and/or a particular lines dress code is perfectly OK. That's what a cruise BB is for. For me, or anyone to ask what the dress code is at Micky D's, or Outback, or the Four Seasons on this BB is wrong. The loosest possible connection to cruising is OK, but this question started out with "off topic" which is a baloney way of saying, "I don't care about your rules, just answer my question!" NO! This is a cruise board, you and the OP want land restaurant info? Go to their websites or their boards.

The meany of all meanies

For your information, I did call the restaurant and they were the ones who told me upscale casual. I know dress codes are a big deal on the cruise boards so I asked the question there, forgetting about the fashion board. I am a member of several other message boards of various topics and everyone asks "off topic" questions as they come to trust the opinions of those they converse with on the boards. No one has a problem with it. Just you it seems. Thanks to all the polite replies.

I think we play the jeans and Texas card a little too often.

Chinos and a nice polo shirt work. Although calling the restaurant is always the best idea, I can understand you posting where you would get an opinion.

In reality, Deer Park is a part of Houston right along the Houston Ship Channel and has enough petrochemicals to blow up half the planet.

The famous San Jaciento Battle Ground is part of it or adjacent to it.[/quote]

I live 1/2 mile from Shell and other chemical plants and not once in my 17 years of living here have I had to evacuate. My dh has lived here for 25 years and has never evacuated due to a chemical leak, etc. Granted, I dont plan to retire here but it doesnt bother us in the least to live by all the plants. It really is a nice, family oriented town.:)

Archived