tipping butler in POH suite

momof5js

We will be cruising in 1 week for the first time ever. Since we're in a Romance suite we will have the use of a butler & concierge. Can someone please tell us what is the appropriate amount & way to tip? Should we give a small amount (how much) at the beginning our our cruise to assure we're well taken care of? Or wait & tip at the end?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Someone else recently had a romance suite on POH. I think the butler's name was Ryan. They said he was fantastic. It is up to you on tipping. Some people tip a little up front and say it gives them better service. Depending on how much you use him will decide on the tip. IF you use him alot then $10 per person per day (so $140) for the cruise is about normal. I have heard up to $500 for monopolizing a butler. Will he bring you dinner every night from the dining room menus? Will you host a party on your balcony? Bar set-up? Then tip him accordingly. He has 12staterooms to look after.

Dont overwork him, we'll be there in a few months!;)

I hear the concierge isnt as accomodating, because he likes to focus on the courtyard suites. Let us know how it goes when you get back.

Archived