Hotel in Rio

nancycoop1

Hi - we will be spending one night in Rio at the end of our cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

Sol Best Western Ipanema, great value.

Check tripadvisor for recommendations then ipanema.com for prices

pete

Last time I was in Rio, three years ago, I stayed at the Rio Othon Palace, which is right on Cococabana. It was a very good hotel, with an excellent breakfast buffet included. The best part, I got it for $36 per night, via auction on Skyauction.com. They auction off rooms at a number of the Othon hotels in Brazil every week. It took me a couple of weeks to win at that price. I will be in Rio again in November, post cruise, and did the same thing. Now they have an extra charge of $30 for that hotel, which is a 5 star. I still got the room at $90 per night. The view from the 32 floor swimming pool down to the beach is amazing. I'd highly recommend the Othon Palace and Skyauction.com. I have bid on hotels pre and post cruises several times, in Puerto Rico and Hawaii, and was amazed at the prices. However, my very best deal with them was a week at a beach condo in Sarasota, Florida for $1 about four years ago. True, it was the week after a hurricane, and there were no other bidders, and I had to pay a $35 service fee. Still, it was a wonderful vacation at an unbelievable price.

Last time I was in Rio, three years ago, I stayed at the Rio Othon Palace, which is right on Cococabana. It was a very good hotel, with an excellent breakfast buffet included. The best part, I got it for $36 per night, via auction on Skyauction.com. They auction off rooms at a number of the Othon hotels in Brazil every week. It took me a couple of weeks to win at that price. I will be in Rio again in November, post cruise, and did the same thing. Now they have an extra charge of $30 for that hotel, which is a 5 star. I still got the room at $90 per night. The view from the 32 floor swimming pool down to the beach is amazing. I'd highly recommend the Othon Palace and Skyauction.com. I have bid on hotels pre and post cruises several times, in Puerto Rico and Hawaii, and was amazed at the prices. However, my very best deal with them was a week at a beach condo in Sarasota, Florida for $1 about four years ago. True, it was the week after a hurricane, and there were no other bidders, and I had to pay a $35 service fee. Still, it was a wonderful vacation at an unbelievable price.

I followed your advise and went to SkyAuction and bid on the Othon hotel however it is their budget hotel called the Othon Tourist (we have never stayed in a tourist hotel) however if it is clean and in a safe area and does not have soft beds we should be OK. Do you know anything about this hotel. I think my husband is going to kill me but you said it was nice and I wasn't paying enough attention.

Archived