Hope we did this right.

simonmary

We took a Carnival cruise in 1995, but nothing since. About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with severe food allergies. Breathing optional allergies. :mad:

Want to do a cruise again, and our TA told us that Seabourn can do ANYTHING food-wise. Is this true?

Right now, we are booked on the Pride for Christmas.

Should we even be thinking about a cruise? I really love to travel, and figure that this was the "safest" way to see if I can leave the mainland.

Welcome to the Seabourn board Simonmary! You made the right choice. I think if any cruise line could handle your allergy questions and needs, it would be Seabourn! As long as you provide them with all the necessary information, I believe things will go smoothly. How hard it may be to have to pass on certain dishes, but you are probably used to that. The Pride Christmas cruise should be lovely. A lovely way to spend Christmas!

Enjoy all the pre-cruise expectations!

Marja

We took a Carnival cruise in 1995, but nothing since. About 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with severe food allergies. Breathing optional allergies. :mad:

Want to do a cruise again, and our TA told us that Seabourn can do ANYTHING food-wise. Is this true?

Right now, we are booked on the Pride for Christmas.

Should we even be thinking about a cruise? I really love to travel, and figure that this was the "safest" way to see if I can leave the mainland.

Your health related questions and risks can be answered far better by your personal physician. I do hope you consult him/her before undertaking such a journey. Jack

As with any cruise line or vacation, just be sure to communicate and verify any and all special food requests with corporate BEFORE you board the ship. Then once aboard verify your requests again. Just CYA to ensure everything runs smoothly. Welcome to Seabourn and happy sailing! :D

The most important thing to do is have your TA, or better yourself (as it is your health), confirm in writing with Seabourn that it can handle your requirements and that you do this well in advance of your anticipated cruise. Make sure your needs are also noted in your guest documentation so that no one, including onboard staff, are surprised.

That said, unless it is something extraordinary, I don't think you will have a problem.

I agree with Eric.

Send it in writing, copy your Travel Agent.

With something like this for my clients I always call a few days ahead to be sure the message has gotten from the office to the ship. Then I would see the maitre dee once on board to be sure.

I know Seabourn will do a fabulous job for you. Enjoy.

I have a friend that has a wheat allergy. (flour) She always notifies Seabourn well in advance of her sailing. The Chef prepares special rice bread for her~~I tasted it one evening and it was delicious! When Anita boards she checks with the Maitre'D~~always the Galley is aware of her allergy. Not a problem.

I'm allergic to mildews and molds but there is nothing to do but suffer as it's the air system on the ship~~I take over-the-counter

Sudafed and go on~~~

Have a grrreat cruise!:p

Martita B.

I am so glad to hear about the bread! You have no idea.

I have, what I call SWEMA.

Stupid Wheat Egg Milk Allergy. Yes, that's as gracious as I can be about it.

Bread? Real BREAD???? I would be in heaven. Now, if they could do fried chicken, I would wind up on the floor in a puddle of happy melt!

I have checked with the doctor. He says as long as I have my epi-pen and benadryl, I can go play.

The TA sent Seabourn my allergy card already, so they will have soy milk in the cabin for my tea. How reassuring is that?

I guess I just really needed to hear from folks that have taken a cruise that it would be okay.

Thanks so much to all of you!

simonmary,

I'm happy news of the special rice bread eases your mind~~before you board the Pride next Dec. I will find out which Chef (they are all fantastic) will be on your Christmas cruise ~~then, upon arrival, you can sit down and have a conference with him. He may even come up with a special rice- batter to fry your chicken~~:D And gravy! Rice biscuits anyone? You will be amazed at the different dishes Cheffy will prepare for you!

I was on the Pride for 3 weeks last Dec./Jan. The ships are "fairylands!" Seabourn spares NO expense as to the holiday decorations~~~my favorites were the Gingerbread houses/villages~

Truly masterpieces!

Being aboard a Seabourn Yacht during the Christmas holidays will certainly be a most memorable time in your lives~~~

Martita B.

Archived