Labadee ZIP LINE

Just a quick question about the zip line in Labadee. The RCCL web site indicates a minimum height requirement of 60 inches. Is this for safety reasons? Are they strict about this?

I'm wondering if anybody has seen children participating in this excursion.

My DD is 54 inches... close enough? I certainly wouldn't let her on if I thought there would be a safety issue.

I noticed that the zip line excursions at other ports have minimum height requirements of 48 inches.

Thanks for your input.:)

You have a valid concern. My DW could not really reach the platform to stand up while hooked to the cable. The guides on the platforms picked her up with one hand and hooked her to the cable with the other :) It was a sight to see. But, the problem isn't getting hooked or unhooked, it is getting to stand up at the end of the slide. If she can't reach the platform then she will just hang there until the guide gets her off.

Has anyone taken their children on the zipline?

If so, did they meet the height requirements?

Do they check the kids height prior to letting them on the zipline?

Again, thanks for the info.

Your talking about 6" below the requirement! If they don't follow their own requirements and someone gets injured their insurance/legal would have a big problem.

Don't count on your child doing this on Labadee. If you want to do a zipline then do it on one of the islands that has a shorter requirement, probably will be cheaper too and your child won't end up disapointed.

Bev

Can't say about the zipline but RCCL is strict about height requirements in general. My nephew was 50 inches and they would not let him boogie board even though the requirement is 52. He was disappointed to see his cousins and brother do it but that is the way it goes. Kids have to learn to deal with rules even when they seem unfair.

Archived