Can someone give more details on shopping area (walking distance) on each port?

alikim

I know some have posted little info here and there about free shuttle and walking distance shopping for some of the ports but I'm trying to organize and print the details in one sheet so could you give the details one more time? Pretty please? :D

Ports:

1. Kauai - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

2. Hilo - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

3. Kona - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

4. Maui - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

5. Honolulu - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

Thank you.

I know some have posted little info here and there about free shuttle and walking distance shopping for some of the ports but I'm trying to organize and print the details in one sheet so could you give the details one more time? Pretty please? :D

Ports:

1. Kauai - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

2. Hilo - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

3. Kona - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

4. Maui - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

5. Honolulu - free shuttle? if yes, to where and how late does it run? walking distance shopping?

Thank you.

Hilo and Kona both have free Hilo Hattie shuttles, and Kona has a shuttle to Walmart/KMart as well.

Hilo is a long way into town for walking, Kona is very walkable.

Maui will depend on where you are - if you are in Lahaina, it is a tender port and the tender drops you right in town, and it is very walkable.

Kauai has shuttles to Walmart and Hilo Hatties (which are next to each other) and to Kmart (the other direction -- it's actually located in an open air mall with the usual mall stores). It's a short walk from the port to a small indoor shopping area (sort of an indoor mini-swap meet -- not permanent stores) and a slightly longer walk (but doable) to shops and restaurants.

From Kahului, it's rather a long walk to shopping (I didn't see anyone doing it!). There were shuttles, but I really didn't pay attention as to which ones.

Archived