Godfrey vs Henry Christopher

I originally booked Henry on my own, my husband and daughter were going to go to the beach on their own while I did some sight-seeing. Plans changed and the littel one stayed on board with the kid program and we approached Henry and asked if I could add my husband on. We had a private tour for the day.

Henry is a man of grace, character, humor and strength. My husband put it aptly when he said, "all of us can learn something from Henry." Between his background as a parent, grandparent, police officer and minister there is so much to him as a person. If you want to see the island with someone who is in the know and is well respected in his community, go with Henry. Henry provides insight into the daily aspects of the island, it not a slick, polished "tourista" package. But I'm not into that. I want to know what each port is really like. We met his wife, saw his house, met his granddaughter. He showed us medicinal plants. Because he is still well connect with the police department, even after his retirement, we felt safe and comfortable. Even though he is laid back, his "eye is always on the ball." He made great recommendations througout the day and made it "our tour, our way" all the while giving us a view to what life is like for a resident.

Sgt. Jeff, he is looking forward to seeing you. By the way, when I posted a couple of months ago about whether henry would be flexible if my husband and kid wanted to come along or just be dropped at the beach, well he was and even more! Tell him Brian and Tamara from California say hello and many thanks!

Tamara

Jeff, I hope you see this, but I just got another email from Henry. He has some wonderful plans for you and your family once you get there! You are sooooo gonna enjoy it! However, I think Henry wants to keep it a secret till you reach the island, so I'm saying nothing! :P

I just switched from Sunny Liston to Godfrey because of the fact that we could pay him on the spot there, instead of giving a credit card. He seems very nice with good reviews and quick to my email. I hope I made a good choice.

Hi everyone! Just got back from our cruise and had a great time with Henry in St. Thomas!!! The bad part was that it rained!! We still had a great time and his wife had a wonderful feast for us at his home!! If you have any questions, ask away!!!

We did not get to St. John. It was raining so hard that we decided to do some shopping and visiting with Henry and his family. We stopped by his church, my kids picked a coconut at his house, etc....And his wife cooked a huge feast for us!!!!!! It was still a great day! I hope that everyone starts using Henry Christopher!!! www.eeetours.com The only sad thing is that our vacation is over!!:(

Henry was awesome! We used him on sept 4th. He did a fantastic job with us and i had no problems with him accomadating my wheelchair! He dropped my parents of downtown for shopping after dropping the rest of us at the ship and even came back to get them even though our time was up. He is a excellent person and we'll use him again!

Jeff, so sorry to hear that you all were not able to get over to St. John's. Guess that means you're gonna have to book another cruise....and book Henry again! :p

Still, sounds like you had a wonderful time. Of course, Henry made sure of that!

MotoRacer, you are so right! Henry is fantastic and so very accommodating! On my last cruise, my best friend's husband didn't want to go shopping, so Henry took him and their son back to the ship, then he took my friend and me downtown for shopping, then came back to get us when he said he would. A wonderful guy!

Sgt. Jeff,

Thanks for referring us to Henry. We were with him on 9-12 and had a great time. He was a wonderful guide. He kept us laughing and gave us a whole lot of knowledge of St. Thomas. His lovely wife rode along with us on our tour which also included a stop at his home. We had a private tour for eight and everyone thought that St. Thomas was our best port and I believe it is because of the personal tour we received from Henry. We got some great photos of the island. Henry kept the tour personal and we all loved that. I mentioned to his wife that the Benton family was how I contacted them and that you were there on Saturday and she said that you had a great time despite the rain. Thanks again for the information so we could experience a great tour!

Denise

Denise, You are so welcome!!! How many other guides would take you to his/her home and show you how life is on the island????? I am so glad that you had a fantastic time!! We are going back on 9/6/07....We booked the AOS again for the Barbados route...

Denise, You are so welcome!!! How many other guides would take you to his/her home and show you how life is on the island????? I am so glad that you had a fantastic time!! We are going back on 9/6/07....We booked the AOS again for the Barbados route...

Sgt. Jeff,

Would you be able to share a little info about the tour with Henry? We want to snorkel AND tour. Is that something that Henry could accomadate?

Thanks!

Absolutely!!! Henry will take you on a great tour as well as shopping and swimming. Last year he took us to Coki beach and the snorkeling was great! This year we had a bit of rain but still had a chance to go to Sapphire beach for a while. Henry knows everything that there is to know about St. Thomas. You will have a great time.

Archived