Best pub to try Alaskan beer in Juneau?

Waimea'sMom

Hey all...going on the 8/29 Dawn Inside Passage trip. My friend and I really wanted to try some Alaskan beer while we are in Juneau since we are there until 11pm. We don't want to go to the Alaskan Brewery tour since we really want to do a sit down rather than the tour (although all the free samples sound cool). We heard that the Red Dog Saloon is a tourist trap, and not a very clean or friendly one at that. Has anyone been to the Alaskan Hotel bar or DocWater's? Or do you have another recommendation for a place walking distance from the pier?

Thanks for any info...:)

Almost all of the bars in Juneau serve Alaskan beer. I like Doc Water's, there you can sit on the deck outside, very nice. Also, next door is The Hanger on the Warf, no deck, but big windows to look out over the water. Another idea, is just stop in different bars around town while you are looking around, check them all out! I know you weren't planning on going to the brewery, but it's pretty fun, and they give you good size samples, plus they have flavors there that aren't always available in the bars.

Archived