Many Seattle questions

fabnsab

I hope someone out there can help me with this.

Our last day of our cruise is June 13th. Our flight doesn't leave till 11:30pm so we have ALL day to see Seattle. Now heres where it gets tricky...

Our cruise offers a Seattle city tour which is 3 hours($49pp) and will hold our luggage on the bus and drop us off at the airport. Sounds great but its from 9am till noon so that leaves us with alot of time at the airport.

It saves us on cabfare to the airport and it is convenient for our luggage but it may not be indepth enough and we have tons of time. Also, it doesnt state if we get off at the stops listed or just drive by.

If we went off on our own, we'd have to go to the airport first to check bags, which is cabfare spent($45,i hear) then we'd have to head somewhere to find one of those double decker tour buses. Would this run into way too much money in the long run? I would like to have a leisurely day with hubby but it already sounds exhausting!

We're not afraid of going on our own but it just seems like a lot of wasted money and time to run, check bags in, run downtown then start sightseeing but I do want to take advantage of the whole day in Seattle and not spend it eating a Cinnabon in the airport!

Any thought woould be sooo appreciated!!

Why not rent a car, throw the bags in the back, and spend the day toodling around? You can get a car at any number of downtown rental offices, then drop it at the airport that night. I'll bet that the combined cost for taxi to the rental agency (probably no more than $10) plus the car, will be less than the $100 (for 2) you'd spend on the bus.

Since it's a Sunday, you won't have to pay for parking downtown (if you can find a meter) so that ought to be okay; if you decide to go to a ball game, there's plenty of parking near the stadium, cost $10 to $20, or you can park somewhere else for less and take public transport to the field.

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of that but we can can't rent cars because we don't have a credit card. The last time we tried, they turned down our debit card. We went to every rental terminal in the airport and they all said the same thing.

We don't do credit cards but thats the one time it would help.

If your ship uses the Bell Street (Pier 66) terminal, you can leave baggage at the terminal "concierge" desk for $3 per bag/day. Even if you're arriving at Terminal 30, it's probably worth the $5 or so cab ride up to T66 to stow your luggage there for the day. From Pier 66 you can walk anywhere in the downtown area. You probably can also leave it there until after the ballgame, if you want, then take the waterfront trolly from Safeco Field back to T66, fetch your bags, and head to the airport. You should check to make sure they'll be open late, as most sailings from T66 are around 6 PM, when the game might still be going on or only recently finished. (Although the way they're currently playing you may, like many of us, be ready to leave well before the 9th inning.) icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's the website for the concierge service.

Archived