A couple of questions for those who have gone on the Mercury lately.

Rstamper

I am traveling with a party of 37 and most are first time cruises. I have a lot of questions to answer for them, so could someone answer a couple of questions for me. I have been on the Mercury a couple of times, but can remember some of these things.

What time is the sushi bar open? What time can you get ice cream in the afternoon? What time is the muster drill? What is the name of the party/pool band and what kind of music have they been playing? What kind of shows are in the Celebrity theater lately?

Thanks for the information.

We were on Mercury in Jan. so things may have changed since then. I saved my daily event schedules.

Party/pool band was Headliners--excellent. (Poolside and Pavillion)

Other music included Bombeleo (Ballroom and more in the Rendezvous), Odessa String Quartet (Classical and more in Cova Cafe), Tom Shaw (Piano music in Cova Cafe), DJ in the Navigator Club evenings 7:30-8:30 and 10-11

Sushi Cafe was open from 5-10 PM.

Ice Cream--noon-10 PM

On our 11-night MR cruise there were:

4 production shows

Two soloists, Stephen Fisher-King and Pearl Kauffman. Pearl also did an extra show at 3 PM one day.

One magic/comedy performer who was amazing and hilarious.

One stand-up comedian, also hilarious.

Aerial acrobats, Ilia and Valerie were astounding. They didn't have a whole show of their own, but performed 3-4 times in conjunction with other acts.

The Preview and Farewell shows had a mix of the music, comedy and acrobats.

No regular show on Super Bowl Sunday. There was a Mexican Folkloric (Dancing) Festival in the theater.

The game was being shown in the Pavillion Club, the cinema and every stateroom.

We went to most of the shows and enjoyed them.

We are booked for Mercury next Jan. to Aust/NZ and expect to have another fabulous cruise. I'm sure you will, too.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib.

1/03 Explorer W. Carib.

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour

2/04 Adventure S. Carib.

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor Fjords + 3 nights in London

1/07 Mercury Mexican Riviera

1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ + extra days in Sydney and Aukland

Headlines was still the party band then. I don't know if they ever played outside - we only had one afternoon that was poolworthy weather. They changed up the music a lot - Motown, country, you name it. Various other live music; the string quartet was enjoyable, as were the orchestra members who played Cova one night as a jazz band. The sushi and ice cream times are the same as mentioned by the first respondent. Three production shows -- Dance Around the World, Taste of Broadway, And the Winner Is ... A couple of drop-in entertainment acts; Jean-Claude and Gaby were the aerialists, awesome when we saw them on Mercury two years earlier, didn't check them out this time, WAY too much scenery for me to waste time seeing shows (and it's so light so late in June, on-deck sightseeing lasted till 11 pm). last but not least, muster drill was at 4:15.

We were on the Mercury for the 7/13 cruise and the only thing I could add is if any of your party like to dance they had a white night on Wed night where they asked you to wear white and at 11:00 pm in the Navigator Lounge they had it all decorated and the band played with also some of the musicians from the show and also dancers from the show and it was so much fun. The lounge looked great with the decorations and we danced until our feet hurt.

Lynn

Archived