Boarding time

DaveC426913

I'm driving in, not flying in, so I can get there whenever it suits me.

When is a good time to board for a Monday 5PM departure? Apparently I don't want to get caught in the flight arrival crush.

It would help to know where you are sailing out of and on which ship. But most ports allow processing to start around 11am.

Dave

Early, 10:00 or 11:00 am or later, after 1:30 or 2:00 seem to be the less crowded times for boarding. Everything in between seems to be when everyone starts arriving. You're almost always guaranteed a little wait of some type.

What time actual boarding starts varies based on the ship and when they've been able to complete debarkation.

Some people like to get there as early as 10 in the morning to be amongst the first onboard, but that means a wait for the ship to be cleared and the lines to get moving.

I find around noon a good time as the early waiters have cleared out and the fly-ins haven't arrived yet. We did this on the Triumph, it took around 30 minutes from arrival to my feet touching the deck. There were lines but they were constantly moving.

If you really really want a quick check in, get there about 4. ;)

Make sure that you get in time so you can get lunch at the buffet restaurant. You go get lunch on the day of departure. So, take advantage of that to enjoy. We arrived around 11:45, we were on the ship in less than an hour. We walked around the ship and ate lunch until we could get into our room at 1:30. Then, we unpacked and toured the ship some more.

Archived