Pride of America Clothing

Diggerdon

I am on the PoAm 7-28-07. I think it might be time to pack and would like to know what type of clothes my wife and I should pack for the different restaurants on board the ship. I assume shorts are ok for the buffet and the no charge restaurants. I did not know what to plan to wear at the Bistro or the steakhouse. Thanks

Shorts are only okay for the buffet and 24 hour food courts.

Slacks or jeans (Resort Casual) are okay for all the restaurants.

From NCL's FAQ

How should I dress for dinner?

Freestyle Cruising gives you the freedom to dress as you please – morning, noon and night.

Casual attire is perfect for all restaurants during the day -- Khakis, skirts, jeans, casual tops, shorts or whatever. Swimwear with a cover-up is fine at the buffet and outdoor restaurant.

For dinner, collared shirts and pants or nice jeans work for guys. Slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops are perfect for women. But if you want to dress up and add a little glamour when you dine out, that’s OK too – we’ve reserved one restaurant each night just for that.

For kids 12 and under, nice shorts are appropriate in all restaurants at all times.

Just got of Pride of America last week and Electricon is right, "resort casual" type wear for the restaurants works best. A suggestion I pass along that's hard to fathom in the dead of summer is to bring a light sweater when you go to the restaurants and theatres for shows. I typically run warm, but the air temps were quite cool in the those locations.

I just got off last week also. I have to agree with the sweater. The 3 times we ate at the Skyline dining room I was freezing. So was my mom and thats unusual for her. They did announce that in the Liberty dining room jeans of any kind would not be accepted at dinner.

Lisa

I just got off last week also. I have to agree with the sweater. The 3 times we ate at the Skyline dining room I was freezing. So was my mom and thats unusual for her. They did announce that in the Liberty dining room jeans of any kind would not be accepted at dinner.

Lisa

That's according to the latest NCL's FAQ, that jeans are okay everywhere except at one Main Restaurant. That one on the Pride of America is the Skyline on Deck 5.

Sure would be nice to hear which Main Restaurant will be the no jeans one on all NCL ships.......so some will know where to go for Resort Casual class, and where others will know where to go for Casual Comfort. :D

So many choices at the restaurants and the buffet, all fresh, all good. You get a little spoiled a few nights into it after ordering a four course dinner and being pampered so well. And this is at the no fee restaurants. Aloha buffet provided ample choices and many exotic entrees/veggies. Always great fresh fruit and the pineapple slices were much sought after. . .excellent! Good choices of sugar free and full on sugar desserts plus the popular soft serve ice cream. For breakfast, you could have freshly made waffles, pancakes, french toast, eggs benedict, oats, cream of wheat with all sorts of toppings, omelets made to order, bacon, sausage, potatoes, bagels, smoked salmon, fresh tomato, cucumber, the fruits again. . it just goes on and on. We ate lunch only twice on the ship and were again surprised at how much they had as far as choices. I should probably be out walking it all off this evening instead of writing all this. . .Servers were extremely friendly and hard working.

Great topic & very helpful. We're off tomorrow to Hawaii & to the Pride of America 8/4. VegasK, nice to see we'll have company!

We were originally to leave today to sail on Pride of Aloha 8/3 from Maui, but we were cancelled with notice given almost 3 months after booking. NCL is quite secretive, but if you need to get real answers from them, email the executive staff, possibly several times. One did answer me & was responsible for helping us recover from an awful start to a dream vacation! Kudos to NCL Officers!:)

Shorts are only okay for the buffet and 24 hour food courts.

Slacks or jeans (Resort Casual) are okay for all the restaurants.

From NCL's FAQ

How should I dress for dinner?

Freestyle Cruising gives you the freedom to dress as you please – morning, noon and night.

Casual attire is perfect for all restaurants during the day -- Khakis, skirts, jeans, casual tops, shorts or whatever. Swimwear with a cover-up is fine at the buffet and outdoor restaurant.

For dinner, collared shirts and pants or nice jeans work for guys. Slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops are perfect for women. But if you want to dress up and add a little glamour when you dine out, that’s OK too – we’ve reserved one restaurant each night just for that.

For kids 12 and under, nice shorts are appropriate in all restaurants at all times.

Is the dress code a bit more casual on PoAM? On the Dawn, DH had to change for dinner...they wouldn't let him in Bamboo with jeans on (very nice jeans, suitable for dinner at a NYC restaurant). Thanks!

Is the dress code a bit more casual on PoAM? On the Dawn, DH had to change for dinner...they wouldn't let him in Bamboo with jeans on (very nice jeans, suitable for dinner at a NYC restaurant). Thanks!

The jeans policy is fairly new.:cool:

Just a few weeks ago jeans weren't allowed in any restaurant, unless the ship had sailed from Texas.

Archived