Ziplining--bad for neck?

honeymooner77

We've booked a ziplining excursion, but I have a neck injury and am concerned it will be a rough activity. Can anyone give advice whose gone on a ziplining excursion?

If we cancel, we'll be looking for something else to do in Kauai. Any suggestions for something relaxing and $100 each or less will be appreciated. We are already attending the ship's luau. We'll be on our honeymoon and are ready for some rest and relaxation!

I've gone ziplining a couple of times and didn't notice anything jarring on my neck. I've booked it again for the upcoming cruise and am wondering now if I should go or not since my knee has been giving me a little trouble. You definately need your knees to land.

You could do the tubing the ditch. I would rather do that since I have been ziplining before but we are on a wait list.

Emi

I have broken my neck and do not like any activity that caused tension to that area. The company would recommend that if you have neck problems do not do the zipline, just like they would on a rollercoaster.

We ziplined in Mexico, great fun and the harness put no stain on my neck. Everyone is different. You are suspended in air with no support. Good luck making your decision.

Archived